Sick of Government Alerts

PeoplesElbow

From all the BS text message alerts from the base that are so obscure virtually nobody cares, to the middle of the night call warning of a snow storm 2 days away from St Mary's County to the damn Amber alert (last seen in Glen Burnie) I got at 4:30 AM I'm sick of them. These people have proven to be ham fisted and unworthy of having my info to alert me so on block you all go.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Theres a way to block Amber alerts?

Damn. Never knew you could block those.

Thanks.

GregV814

so, Momma and her new man took her child from baby daddy....I ran to my window in remote Calvert County, so remote, one has to be lost to find my house, to find a couple of deer eating the Misses flowers, and my cat atop of my car......NOPE no gangsta car there!!!

PeoplesElbow

The "Do Not Disturb" function does not do it. Is there any other way other than turning off the phone?
For an android in the settings menu go to apps and notifications then advanced then emergency alerts and there it let's you turn off amber alerts.

DaSDGuy

On my old Galaxy S7 you can go to Settings, then Sounds and Vibrations, then Emergency Tone - set it to vibrate, or silent

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Fun times when a silver or amber alert come on when you are in the grocery store.

When a gaggle of people come to your house late at night to assault grandparents and abduct a kid named Prophet, I don't even need to look at the picture. Thanks for keeping the stereotype alive Tiffany Sharquita. Can't wait to see your mug shot with a bad weave, 6 inch long finger nails, neck tattoo and a go to hell face smirk.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I rarely get those alerts, but I'm a paranoid, so I have Location Services turned off. Guess if they don't know where I am, they won't send the alert.

willie

My Samsung Galaxy S10 allows me to turn them off, but it's deep within the settings.
I just called Consumers Cellular and was walked through it. Going into "settings" from the 3 dots area gives different options than the basic settings. That was deep within the settings.

GregV814

UPDATE::

Babymomma, MommaMomma and chile walked into Baltimore County PD and surrendered.

Shock and horror!! Grammomma from District Heights Murlin. Baby unharmed