Side saddle

Eventer29

I am getting married in June! Def riding my palomino girl down the aisle. Dont know yet if I want to do sidesaddle or astride. Thinking side saddle.
Does anyone have a sidesaddle I could maybe try? I have ridden sidesaddle in a western saddle, english saddle and bareback. But I would assume an actual side saddle might take some getting used to. I'm not worried about my mare, she is fine with whatever I do to her. lol. I have nto looked on ebay yet, but will check that out. I wouldnt mind having a side saddle just to play around with anyway.

paintedpony1234

Horsey Girl
I am getting married in June! Def riding my palomino girl down the aisle. Dont know yet if I want to do sidesaddle or astride. Thinking side saddle.
Does anyone have a sidesaddle I could maybe try? I have ridden sidesaddle in a western saddle, english saddle and bareback. But I would assume an actual side saddle might take some getting used to. I'm not worried about my mare, she is fine with whatever I do to her. lol. I have nto looked on ebay yet, but will check that out. I wouldnt mind having a side saddle just to play around with anyway.

First of all ..Congratulations!! that is very exciting!

Check out Claddagh Equestrian Center.. Christina Ingersoll did a side saddle demonstration at the fair a few years ago..and I think she is the only local person who does it.. also I think Sandy Hoyer is just over the bridge into virginia

DFSquare

Congratulations!

I think this is an awesome idea. I have always, always wanted to learn to ride aside but I don't think my seat astride is good enough yet, tho I'm not sure they have anything to do with each other.

Have you checked the instructor listing at sidesaddle.com? That is the site for the International Siddle Saddle Organization. They list all the certified instructors by state. You could contact those ladies and ask for some help. They list Karen at Linden Farm here in La Plata.

Good luck and enjoy it!