Sighting

Inkd

Is it not staying consistent? How far is it off from shot to shot? Are the rings and bases tight?

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Is it not staying consistent? How far is it off from shot to shot? Are the rings and bases tight?

Thanks for the reply, I was told everything (mounting wise) looks good.

Just had an expert over here that helped me out.

Thank you Mr. Bulldog!

Inkd

Cool, it's nice to have help. I like to think I know what i'm doing but I always mount and sight in with someone else with me to keep from going absolutley insane. What kind or Airgun is it? I helped a friend with his GAMO and I could not believe how well that thing shot.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member

Attachments

• Crosman-Quest-800x-CRC8M22X_zm.jpg
    Crosman-Quest-800x-CRC8M22X_zm.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 86
Crosman Quest 800X + 4x32mm scope.

Nope, I got a Crossman Storm XT with variable scope. we got it sighted it pretty well, but in real life situation it seems like something just aint't right. I can out shoot my sharpshooter son Marine with my open sights. Maybe too close? Ony about 30 yds.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Nope, I got a Crossman Storm XT with variable scope. we got it sighted it pretty well, but in real life situation it seems like something just aint't right. I can out shoot my sharpshooter son Marine with my open sights. Maybe too close? Ony about 30 yds.

I need to learn to stay steady (left to right).
I am now on the deck,shooting at 31 yards (94 ft), off center (of bulls-eye) by an inch.

CobbWeb

Ammo

I need to learn to stay steady (left to right).
I am now on the deck,shooting at 31 yards (94 ft), off center (of bulls-eye) by an inch.

May not be a problem with the scope, could be irregularities in the ammo. Try shooting from a rest and just dial in as close as possible.

Inkd

Crosman Quest 800X + 4x32mm scope.

Sweet!!! I know my friends GAMO liked one ammo over another. I can't remember the kind they recomended. It was supposed to keep the velocity down so it would go supersonic and make the crack. It didn't shoot that ammo all that accurate compared to the other ammo we tried. Can't for the life of me remember, but if you are shooting that close to the bull from that distance. Enjoy yourself and have fun cleaning out the vermin.

bulldog

Am I doing good?

I have no idea.

I want to be exactly on.

My friend, my friend, relax and think about what we talked about while I was there. Use the most stable rest you can..something that is going to prevent shift left/right and up/down. From there, it just you and the trigger. Take a couple of good breaths, let the last one half way out and then hold it. Shoot within 10 seconds as that is when most people start to feel the effects of holding their breath and start to shake a little.
You were shooting well enough from a standing position and knowing that you moved back to your deck and are within an inch of center...you're doing fine. Sometimes you just need to take a break and come back the next day and try again.

With wanting to be exactly on...trust me, I understand. But also remember that you are shooting an out of the box air-gun and not a high dollar, precission target gun. Do the best you can with it and then enjoy.

Practice, practice, practice.

Thanks for showing me around your place yesterday. You've got a nice spread.
:buddies: