Signs of Spring

Flowers popping on the maple tree, and the daffodils have flower heads on them. Good crop of onion grass in the backyard.

Which is a shame, because I didn't get to clean the gardens in the fall, and they look like hell.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I'm hearing that the maple sugar water is really running good right now up in WMd and SW Pa. Warm days and cold evenings means a good season for syrup.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Always wanted to try that, but the maples I have are only good for firewood.
Sugar maples don't do good here. Temp/humidity too high and not salt tolerant. (There is supposedly a variation that has better salt toleration than the traditional sugar maple.)

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Signs of Spring

Mud, it's everywhere. Trees falling across roads crushing guardrails, root balls in the air. Yeah Baby, it's spring.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Peeps are singing this evening.
I heard them start up on my way back from the mailbox and the sound stopped me in my tracks. I captured a minute long recording on my phone last spring after a downpour. I play it whenever cold weather starts to get to me. I was thinking about editing it into a continuous loop. My own sound machine for those restless nights.

mitzi

I've heard them really early before within the past couple years. Then it got really cold again (down to freezing) and made me wonder what happens to them when that happens.