Sim Racing

pbowen

I am currently getting into Sim Racing and was looking for anyone who currently races. I almost have all my equipment to start. Im looking to race on iracing.com. Anyone in the St. Mary's or other counties into this?

E

EmptyTimCup

I have Race 07 and most all of the add ons

I do not race online ....... but I do enjoy the time trials

SMYFFL

I've been an avid "iRacing iRacer" since 2010. Love it! It is VERY addicting.

Been "Sim Racing" off and on since 1993.

Last edited:

Claff

I've done sim racing starting with Bill Elliott's NASCAR Challenge and went through all the Papyrus sims from Indy 500 to NASCAR2003. Did all the online Papy stuff (Hawaii, TEN, Sierra servers) and I've been on iRacing since it opened to the public. I mostly stick to NASCAR trucks but dabble in A and B Impalas and a little MX-5 road racing. It's fun stuff if you take it seriously, but not that seriously. You don't want to become "that guy".

E

EmptyTimCup

I like running Nordschleife, in Race 07

I driven about a doz different models, all against the clock

if I ever get close to the posted lap records, I might try 'racing'

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
I am currently getting into Sim Racing and was looking for anyone who currently races. I almost have all my equipment to start. Im looking to race on iracing.com. Anyone in the St. Mary's or other counties into this?

I use rFactor... there are engines rFactor has that iRacing doesn't have.

SMYFFL

2012 iRacing Pro Race of Champions - Tonight 8:00

This year's event will be held December 12th - mark your calendars so you can tune into iracing.com and watch.

This year we'll be at Iowa in the trucks and at Watkins Glen in the MX5. I'll be posting more details as we get closer and will update the list of drivers as we hear back from them. We expect many of last year's racers will return for another shot at the title along with a few new names.

Check out he highlights from 2011: iRacing.com 2011 Pro Race of Champions - YouTube

Last year's participants:

Joey Logano – NASCAR
Alex Gurney – GRAND-AM
Bobby Labonte – NASCAR
Ron Capps – NHRA
Justin Wilson – INDYCAR
Shane van Gisbergen – Aussie V8 Supercars
Scott Speed – NASCAR / F1
Brandon Davis - NASCAR
Stefan Johansson – F1 & CART
Matt Plumb – GRAND-AM
Colin Braun – NASCAR
Joey Hand – ALMS
Timmy Hill – NASCAR
Tommy Kendall – IMSA / TV Broadcaster
Trevor Hopwood – GRAND-AM
Frank Kimmel II – ARCA
Martin Plowman – INDYCAR
Barry Waddell – GRAND-AM
Josh Wise – NASCAR

This year's format will be a winner take all - $2,500 goes to the champion's charity of choice.

Expected to race in 2012:

Dale Earnhardt, Jr - NASCAR
Brad Keselowsk - NASCAR
Scott Speed - NASCAR
Josh Wise - NASCAR
Shane van Gisbergen - Aussie V8 Supercars
Conor Daly - GP3
Timmy Hill - NASCAR
Brandon Davis - NASCAR and 2011 winner of the iRacing Pro Race of Champions
Chris Dymond - Porsche Carrera Cup GB
Trevor Hopwood - GRAND-AM

Ray_

I've done sim racing starting with Bill Elliott's NASCAR Challenge and went through all the Papyrus sims from Indy 500 to NASCAR2003. Did all the online Papy stuff (Hawaii, TEN, Sierra servers) and I've been on iRacing since it opened to the public. I mostly stick to NASCAR trucks but dabble in A and B Impalas and a little MX-5 road racing. It's fun stuff if you take it seriously, but not that seriously. You don't want to become "that guy".

That's pretty much my resume' except for the Bill Elliott's NASCAR and Indy 500 part. Still have fond memories of NASCAR racing and TEN and getting consumed with league racing from shortly after discovering it in '96. I rarely missed a league race for years. I focused hard on my laps per incident (LPI) particularly.

Started iRacing at launch but currently inactive and still using my trusty TSW setup. Also bought rFactor when it came out.

Good stuff.

Ray

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
That's pretty much my resume' except for the Bill Elliott's NASCAR and Indy 500 part. Still have fond memories of NASCAR racing and TEN and getting consumed with league racing from shortly after discovering it in '96. I rarely missed a league race for years. I focused hard on my laps per incident (LPI) particularly.

Started iRacing at launch but currently inactive and still using my trusty TSW setup. Also bought rFactor when it came out.

Good stuff.

Ray

I refuse to pay a monthly fee for iRacing. I know a lot of people who run it and, for the price some of them spend for their setup + the game + monthly fees + mods/tracks, you could probably run a full season at Potomac in a Street Stock.

Plus, rFactor has Baltimore and Washington.

SoMdDude

I used to play VIPER RACING a lot, think I still have a copy of it laying around somewhere, doubt it runs on the newer operating systems though lol