Single Use Shipping Boxes

stgislander

PREMO Member
As a small company, we have always reused the cardboard boxes we receive supplies and parts in. We replace the shipping labels with ours and ship stuff back out.

For about two years now I have been noticing that companies have been using what I would call single use cardboard boxes. You almost destroy the box to open it. This new style of box makes it difficult to reuse the box, which doesn't seem very environmentally conscious.

Has anyone else notice this?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I haven’t noticed the boxes changing but I have noticed that more often they choose to use bubble bags instead. Sometimes for very questionable things.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Office-Space.jpg

TPD

the poor dad
As a small company, we have always reused the cardboard boxes we receive supplies and parts in. We replace the shipping labels with ours and ship stuff back out.

For about two years now I have been noticing that companies have been using what I would call single use cardboard boxes. You almost destroy the box to open it. This new style of box makes it difficult to reuse the box, which doesn't seem very environmentally conscious.

Has anyone else notice this?
We burn most of our cardboard boxes that we get at the store. Is that environmentally friendly?