Singles ad

PJay

14359129_1130720760347974_1738833312068362308_n.jpg

SamSpade

"The more I know people, the better I like my dog."
I am generally of the opinion that yes, dogs are better people than people. They're supportive, will forgive just about anything and are grateful for even the smallest show of attention or favor. They never seem to have a bad day. They - usually - like everyone.

But people won't hump your leg, crap in the corner, kill your smaller pets, bite strangers, chew your shoes, tear up your pillows - and so on. Dogs are basically toddlers with very short memories. And they don't live very long.

They'll rarely help you be a better person (except possibly by shaming you). They can't give you advice. They're not much for conversation.

Given the choice between the best dog in the world and the best human friend in the world, I'd still pick the person, although a person is more likely to hurt you emotionally than a dog ever will.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
But people won't hump your leg, crap in the corner, kill your smaller pets, bite strangers, chew your shoes, tear up your pillows - and so on.

My dog doesn't do any of that. Plus he does make me a better person - I've changed my outlook a good bit since I stopped being a cat person and became a dog person.

It is likely he'll die before me, though, so that's a bummer. The only other thing I'd change about Apollo is I wish he could speak English, but then I'd either be annoyed at how dumb he is or I'd marvel that his wants and needs are so simple.