Sirens south of LPCity

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
OK, scanner folks, what's going on right now south of Lex Pk? Gotta be something big for that many trucks.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Thanks. I've got the online scanner on now, but they don't say much after the initial call.

inkah

Couple of things that really don't amount to anything, but this is a discussion forum, eh.

1. Article says they got control w/in 20 minutes. It seemed to me that I was watching firetracks racing in for at least 20 minutes. Maybe they aren't timing the actual fire?
2. Also, the smell was atrocious. I am not sure I've ever been that near to a house fire, but without actually having seen the structure, I was wondering what was burning since the smell was so awful.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Couple of things that really don't amount to anything, but this is a discussion forum, eh.

1. Article says they got control w/in 20 minutes. It seemed to me that I was watching firetracks racing in for at least 20 minutes. Maybe they aren't timing the actual fire?
2. Also, the smell was atrocious. I am not sure I've ever been that near to a house fire, but without actually having seen the structure, I was wondering what was burning since the smell was so awful.

I'll go with the first part. I swear I heard the sirens on the roads for much longer than 20 minutes as well.

I will say though on my end, I heard the fire house signal go out at Ridge and then it wasn't even a full minute before I heard the sirens head up the road. So they were quick and responsive and kudos to them.

Never smelled a house fire, but I would think a lot of metals can emit toxic odors.