Sjogren's Syndrome

mudpuddle

My daughter was just diagnosed with Sjogren's. Not much out there on the net...any one out there who has experienced this disease?

mudpuddle

thank you so much! I have visited this site and it was helpful, but I'm hoping that someone will come here who has the disease and will share their insights!

Funny, I never heard of the disease until Venus Williams was diagnosed with it...and then shortly after my daughter was diagnosed with it...

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
thank you so much! I have visited this site and it was helpful, but I'm hoping that someone will come here who has the disease and will share their insights!

Funny, I never heard of the disease until Venus Williams was diagnosed with it...and then shortly after my daughter was diagnosed with it...

Now, the question to be answered is whether it's primary Sjogren's or secondary (meaning it accompanies some underlying condition). Critical that she pay particular attention to her dental health with meticulous brushing/flossing, biannual cleaning and avoidance of smoking. I'm sure the Sjogren's website points out why this is important.