Skank at the California Wawa....

ginwoman

It sucks because there are really times when some one is in need of help but there are so many moochers out there that you can not tell them apart. One time just recently I went to the ATM and deposited pay check. Left bank and made it all the way down south. Some one had stole the gas out of my tank the night before so I needed gas and was already frustrated. Get to the pump and go to get my card out and pay and I could not find it anywhere. I guess I must of left it in the ATM. I had a sleeping baby in the car and did not want to wake her just to go in and ask if I could pay with a check. I asked a couple people if they knew if I could pay with a check on the inside and they looked at me like I was crazy. I tried explaining what had happened and I could not find my card. I had checks but no cash and the explaining just seemed to make them look at me like I was more crazy. I was so embarassed and just wanted to crawl under a rock. I just quietly got back in my car and dug thru my purse and cup holders and found a couple dollars in change. I know they werent but it felt like everyone in the parking lot was staring at me. It was even worse when I was at the register balancing a sleeping baby on my shoulder and getting a couple dollars of gas with change. I appologized a million times to the people in line behind me telling them it was all I had to pay with and my car was on "E" and I just wanted to get home. I was surprised no one offered to help even if it was just by picking up the bit of change the cashier knocked off the counter as she was counting it.

What area were you in when this happened?

Unfortunately scammers have made it bad for those that really need help. Early last summer a woman came up to us and asked us if we saw a guy push her out of a car.... We didn't but asked if she was hurt...said she wasn't but she was going to call the cops to tell them she was pushed out of the vehicle and would we stay and talk to the cops about something we did not see? P.S. She then mentioned the restraining order that she had against him for beating her! ?????? That happened at a WaWa too:)

BernieP

Resident PIA
I had a different twist on this happen to me a couple of weeks ago at a business on GMR. A woman approached me, asking for only a dollar or two, showing me a couple other bills in her hand, telling me she just got off work at NESEA/Webster Field (don't remember which term she used) and needed to buy a quart of oil for her car in order to get home. I declined. She approached another person who also declined. She then got in her car and drove away. She wasn't dressed like the 98% of women who work at NESEA normally dress...

Well I was going to quote all the threads before your thread but decided to skip them and play with this, for two reasons;
1. it is an odd variation. Odd because she only wanted a dollar or two, most are looking for gas money. Some hard luck / bad luck story and they just need $10, $20 for some gas.

2. and not for the fun, so, how do 98% of the women at NESEA dress? :)
(careful, you could get yourself in trouble here)

BernieP

Resident PIA
What did this chick look like? About six months ago; give or take; I was at the WaWa on 235 and this "built" girl about 5'5"; tight jeans and tight top barely containing OMFG sweater puppies asks me to take her her friend's place because she could not get her ATM card to work in the store's ATM.

Up pops The Devil on one shoulder and the Angel on the other shoulder.
The first one was telling me, "DO IT! You might get something <wink wink> in return." The Angel won though, because there were two cops in the store and I had the feeling she was bait; to bust someone for solicitation.

Well that's pretty cheeky if they are trying to bait you with a hard luck story.
Honestly, the "sweater puppies" aside, I may have been tempted to give them a ride if it were close by (on my way so to speak). Probably not good form to pick up a hitchhiker but sometimes you feel bad for people that have to walk in foul weather or in the dark.

FWIW, My understanding is you have to solicit them, two things you can't say, "How much" and "Yes" Otherwise you should be safe.

luvmygdaughters

Did anybody report this to the store managers? When some lowlife offered my daughter his food stamp card for $ 50.00, she declined and I went inside and told the manager. She called the cops but the guy was long gone when they showed up. If these jerkwagons know the managers will call the police, they may have to move there scammer operations somewhere else.

sm8

What area were you in when this happened?

Wa Wa in California I was on my way to take my dad to Wal-mart and pick up a few things my self but at that point I just wanted to get home and start over again another day.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Wa Wa in California I was on my way to take my dad to Wal-mart and pick up a few things my self but at that point I just wanted to get home and start over again another day.

Sorry to here that, I have been approached at Giant and most recently at Wa Wa. I was in the rear lot, had just come out of the store when the man approached my car. I put the window down, politely listened and respectfully decline his request - frankly it was easy since the wallet was on empty.

I would suggest that's all you need to do, politely say no, can't help you and then leave. If you feel so inclined, call the sheriff's office at 301-475-4200 (actually there is a duty number but I don't recall) Get to the duty desk and tell them. It's not, I repeat NOT a 911 emergency unless the person is threatening harm. Then go on your way, don't let the scam artist ruin your day.

PS I would not advise going back into the store, I'd stay in your vehicle, leave and then call.
But don't let them upset you, just leave. If you really feel threatened, don't talk, don't listen, just leave.

Sorry to here that, I have been approached at Giant and most recently at Wa Wa. I was in the rear lot, had just come out of the store when the man approached my car. I put the window down, politely listened and respectfully decline his request - frankly it was easy since the wallet was on empty.

I would suggest that's all you need to do, politely say no, can't help you and then leave. If you feel so inclined, call the sheriff's office at 301-475-4200 (actually there is a duty number but I don't recall) Get to the duty desk and tell them. It's not, I repeat NOT a 911 emergency unless the person is threatening harm. Then go on your way, don't let the scam artist ruin your day.

PS I would not advise going back into the store, I'd stay in your vehicle, leave and then call.
But don't let them upset you, just leave. If you really feel threatened, don't talk, don't listen, just leave.

The duty number is easy to remember if you just think of 475-BOOB.... 475-8008. :lol:

warneckutz

Up pops The Devil on one shoulder and the Angel on the other shoulder.
The first one was telling me, "DO IT! You might get something <wink wink> in return." The Angel won though, because there were two cops in the store and I had the feeling she was bait; to bust someone for solicitation.

Sharp as a marble... :clap:

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell
Unfortunately scammers have made it bad for those that really need help. Early last summer a woman came up to us and asked us if we saw a guy push her out of a car.... We didn't but asked if she was hurt...said she wasn't but she was going to call the cops to tell them she was pushed out of the vehicle and would we stay and talk to the cops about something we did not see? P.S. She then mentioned the restraining order that she had against him for beating her! ?????? That happened at a WaWa too:)

I don't get the scam here... Sounds like some girl in fear from some bully jacka@@. I understand you didn't see him push her out of the car... but did you see the guy at all? As a witness and with a restraining order, that could be reason enough to lock his a@@ up.

Booboo3604

I don't get the scam here... Sounds like some girl in fear from some bully jacka@@. I understand you didn't see him push her out of the car... but did you see the guy at all? As a witness and with a restraining order, that could be reason enough to lock his a@@ up.

I feel like she was the scammer. She had to go in front of someone to claim fear for her safety for them to award this restraining order. Why was she in the car with him in the first place to be pushed out of? She should have been enforcing the restraining order the minute he broke the terms of it, not after he came around and she thought it would be a good idea to get in a car with him. Sounds like she was using the system to "punish her man" but had no real intention of getting out of the situation.

Last edited:

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell
I feel like she was the scammer. She had to go in front of someone to claim fear for her safety for them to award this restraining order. Why was she in the car with him in the first place to be pushed out of? She should have been enforcing the restraining order the minute he broke the terms of it, not after he came around and she thought it would be a good idea to get in a car with him. Sounds like she was using the system to "punish her man" but had no real intention of getting out of the situation.

How do you know the jacka@@ was in the car with her? He could have walked up and pulled her out of the car. News flash! There are lots of creepy crawly people out there... and they don't have a conscience or a thinking process like the rest of us... They stay dormant until their trigger is pulled...

Jbeckman

I was approached outside Verizon in California about a year ago....black, short, 30ish woman, said she did an interview for a job and had not enough for bus fare to get home. Said she only needed couple bucks. Said she had to wait while I got stuff taken care of at Verizon (which takes some time). She came in, she waited, and waited, and I even told her "sorry, but I have to take care of this", and she still waited.

I was there for over an hour (closer to 1 1/2 hours).

She still waited. She wanted to catch the bus at Walmart - so I (okay - no comments) her there and gave her a $10 - it was what I had, and wished her good luck.

2 weeks later, saw her with the same line outside of Monterey in San Souci - well - lesson learned - at least for her.

I have terrible tendency to feel - what if it's true, what if I was in her place, I should help my fellow (wo)man. So, won't help her, but can't promise I won't fall again.

Guess I could take lessons in offer to make a purchase for, buy a sandwich for the hungry or such, wait for the bus and pay the fare???

No didn't see a car or a guy...she told us she was in the car with him:) Said to her you have a restraining order against him but you got in the car with him
?really?

sockgirl77

The duty number is easy to remember if you just think of 475-BOOB.... 475-8008. :lol:

:roflmao: I remember the day that I figured that out. One of my jackass friends sent 475-8008 to my pager my junior year and I called it. I couldn't get over the fact that it was BOOB. :lol: