Skechers forced to give 520,000 customers refunds

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Skechers forced to give 520,000 customers refunds after falsely claiming $80 sneakers would help wearers lose weight | Mail Online

A federal judge approved a $40 million class-action settlement Monday between Skechers USA Inc. and consumers who bought toning shoes after ads made unfounded claims that the footwear would help people lose weight and strengthen muscles.

U.S. District Judge Thomas B. Russell in Louisville approved the deal, which covers more than 520,000 claims. About 1,000 people eligible for coverage by the settlement opted not to take part.

Those with approved claims will be able to get a maximum repayment for their purchase - up to $80 per pair of Shape-Ups; $84 per pair of Resistance Runner shoes; up to $54 per pair of Podded Sole Shoes; and $40 per pair of Tone-Ups

Attachments

• article-2325034-0AAA1D89000005DC-501_634x408.jpg
    article-2325034-0AAA1D89000005DC-501_634x408.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
The shoes, any shoes, do "help" if the freaking person gets up off the couch.

Silly class action lawsuits should be banned.

Misfit

Lawful neutral

I'm really mad about this. Should I return them? I don't know what to do. I'll just stand here and rock back & forth while I decide. :dance:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
They should give the refunds, not because they don't help you shed weight, but because they are freakin' ugly as sin.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I'm really mad about this. Should I return them? I don't know what to do. I'll just stand here and rock back & forth while I decide. :dance:

No. They make you taller. Don't listen to BG, those shoes are super cute on you.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
OMG You are killing me. :lmao: The more I try to picture your tall arse wobbling in those shoes and kick boxing, the more I giggle, the more I giggle, the more I snort.

I don't think I am going to recover. :killingme

I'm going to buy my husband a pair tonight to wear around the house! :yay::bann:

belvak

Happy Camper

Too late! The final date to file was back in April. I actually like mine. As was stated before, no shoe is going to make you lose weight unless you get up and walk!! They just feel comfortable to me. And, they make me "not so short"!!!!

Last edited:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
OMG You are killing me. :lmao: The more I try to picture your tall arse wobbling in those shoes and kick boxing, the more I giggle, the more I giggle, the more I snort.

I don't think I am going to recover. :killingme

I'm going to buy my husband a pair tonight to wear around the house! :yay::bann:

OK - the scary part: Will other clothing for hubby be optional, or banned completely?

homedepot20

Too late! The final date to file was back in April. I actually like mine. As was stated before, no shoe is going to make you lose weight unless you get up and walk!! They just feel comfortable to me. And, they make me "not so short"!!!!

I bought my for comfort also and I like them for my aching feet& knee issue I have . Best shoe I found & now Sketchers were forced to take them OFF market because a few A$$ Holes actually thought they would lose weight by wearing them .

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
I thought they were just supposed to help you tone up, not lose weight. :shrug:

I got my money back from Reebok, they didn't work either. :shakingfist: :ohwell:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I thought they were just supposed to help you tone up, not lose weight. :shrug:

I got my money back from Reebok, they didn't work either. :shakingfist: :ohwell:

I know right? We cannot just sit our fat asses on the sofa wearing these shoes and get toned?

Well crap... I want my money back. :ohwell:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

FOR REAL!

Seriously. I know someone at work who bought those a while back. She's still...um...heavy. :lol: