Skeptical

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
http://www.observer.co.uk/international/story/0,6903,915125,00.html

An obscure Jewish sect in New York has been gripped in awe by what it believes to be a mystical visitation by a 20lb carp that was heard shouting in Hebrew, in what many Jews worldwide are hailing as a modern miracle.
And I thought Bluto was crazy because he thought that fence was the Virgin Mary. :ohwell: You'd think God would be a trout or something, anyway - not a carp.

Is this where they got the idea for Billy Bass?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The animated carp commanded Rosen to pray and study the Torah. Rosen tried to kill the fish but injured himself. It was finally butchered by Nivelo and sold.
They find out that God is a talking carp and what do they do? Kill it and eat it! Yeah, buddy!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by penncam
It might be interesting....to get BudoPo's reaction to this story.
Why?

I figured you'd be more into GodFish (which would be a great name for a band, btw :lol:), considering the fish is a Christian symbol.

BudoPo

Re: It might be interesting....

Originally posted by penncam
:smile: ....to get BudoPo's reaction to this story.

Well, Passover is about a month away. Maybe they were, um, trying something different to use for the bitter herb. :smile:

What can I tell you; there are nutcases everywhere.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Godfish?

:biggrin: No vrai, I don't even have one of those fish symbols on my truck. (But if you would get one for me?)

BTW, I ran this story by our Adult Sunday School class, I got about half of the returns of "well it might be a sign, because of what"s happening in the world right now", and the other half just rolled their eyes and smiled a lot.

The one Jewish fellow in the group did one of these:shrug:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Okay, I have a confession. For the longest time I had no idea what those fish symbols were on everybodies cars. I just figured they were some dealership markings! :blushing: :lol: So for all you "serious" Christians out there, if you want to get your opinion out, just spray paint Jesus on the back of your car! :lol:

SmallTown

Football season!
yea, I used to have one of the "darwin fish" magnets on my car, and someone stole it! Guess those damn bible thumpers couldn't handle it :biggrin:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by Christy
For the longest time I had no idea what those fish symbols were on everybodies cars.

I THOUGHT I knew what they were for. Of late, I've discovered it's some secret identifier that allows you to drive like a fool, cutting people off, driving to the head of the traffic line and butting in, flipping the bird and any other "happy" gesture.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
And I had the Idea...

:biggrin: ...this story was fin-ished!
Hey!? I thought Catts liked fish? Hmmmm?:razz2:

(Morning K)