Skins Keep Collins...

BuddyLee

Football addict
‘SKINS KEEP COLLINS

Posted by Mike Florio on February 29, 2008, 2:47 a.m.
A league source tells us that the Redskins have reached an agreement to retain the services of quarterback Todd Collins.
Collins, 36, helped lead the ‘Skins to the playoffs after starter Jason Campbell went down with a knee injury.
The Rams were believed to be interested in Collins, given that former Redskins’ assistant Al Saunders, who brought Collins to D.C., is now the offensive coordinator in St. Louis.
Collins will presumably stay in the No. 2 spot behind Campbell, but Collins provides a quality insurance policy in the event of further injury to the 2005 first-rounder.​

:yay:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
There...

I stayed up into the wee hours just in case we signed Deion out of retirement.

...was interesting article about Cerrato yesterday in the post talking like a grown up about how the Skins won't be going crazy this year. He sounded like this wizened adult talking about the ills of the frat life when actually he's only a year removed from being in the thick of it, like a 23 year old telling people how life works. It was kinda cute. :lmao:

BuddyLee

Football addict
...was interesting article about Cerrato yesterday in the post talking like a grown up about how the Skins won't be going crazy this year. He sounded like this wizened adult talking about the ills of the frat life when actually he's only a year removed from being in the thick of it, like a 23 year old telling people how life works. It was kinda cute. :lmao:
Well, we can't blame them for being stubborn for change anymore.:lol:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
All they said on the radio was 3yr, 9 mil....

I haven't started looking yet, but anyone have any insight on the structure...i.e- whats the cap hit?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
3 year...

All they said on the radio was 3yr, 9 mil....

I haven't started looking yet, but anyone have any insight on the structure...i.e- whats the cap hit?

...9 mil, 3 of it is signing bonus, so, not being up on the cap, I guess the hit is 2 per year???

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
...9 mil, 3 of it is signing bonus, so, not being up on the cap, I guess the hit is 2 per year???

Listening to Vinnie on Redskins Radio, he was saying after re-working Coooooooooley's contract, and someone else's, we would be 8 mil under the cap....

Then I heard today about Collin's deal, I was hoping that it was going to be like a 6 mil signing bonus, and a mil a year like he was getting...:lol:

We really need to do something to get us some more cap room :jameo:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ps...

...the thoughts over at ES are that he's gonna be a vet minimum on contract, back loaded, and the real deal was the 3 to sign, so, he'll be a light cap hit for this year, maybe next and then there will be something large for year three by which time he'll have been cut.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Never...

Listening to Vinnie on Redskins Radio, he was saying after re-working Coooooooooley's contract, and someone else's, we would be 8 mil under the cap....

Then I heard today about Collin's deal, I was hoping that it was going to be like a 6 mil signing bonus, and a mil a year like he was getting...:lol:

We really need to do something to get us some more cap room :jameo:

...fear.

When have the Skins NOT been in 'dire' cap trouble? When has it actually ever turned out to be a problem?

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
...fear.

When have the Skins NOT been in 'dire' cap trouble? When has it actually ever turned out to be a problem?

Thus, tis true.

But it would be nice to go into a season knowing we have some play room with the cap to be able to get a big time player that we actually NEED!!!