Skins latest BLOCKBUSTER...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Washington packaged Ramsey, this years #2 pick and their 2007 and 2008 first round picks off to Indy for PEYTON MANNING and paid Indy $13 million in cash, 1/2 of his record and astronomical $26 million contract. Apparently, buying out another teams contract like this does NOT count against the cap.

OK. Just made this up. Who was actually surprised?

Nupe2

Larry Gude said:
Washington packaged Ramsey, this years #2 pick and their 2007 and 2008 first round picks off to Indy for PEYTON MANNING and paid Indy $13 million in cash, 1/2 of his record and astronomical $26 million contract. Apparently, buying out another teams contract like this does NOT count against the cap.

OK. Just made this up. Who was actually surprised?

Had me for a second! :lmao:

C

chess

Ha no way that would ever happen...

I think they are talking to the Bucs as well of swapping off Ramsey. We really need a Rush DE.. Now that we have Carter, we may target a Corner or LB... Who knows...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
How cool would this be...

...instead of free agency:

We all know that the draft garners interest for the first round, more specifically the first half of the first round and that's pretty much it at the time.

We all know you get Peyton Mannings and Ryan Liefs and all kinds in between and, a year or two later, people crow about how their unknown 7th rounder is now the guy we know as Jerry Rice. Point is, where a guy goes in the draft is actually meaningless in predicting his pro ability.

So. What if after, say, four years, a guy is now back in the draft. You have a college draft and a pro draft. You take the cap and scale it, owners and players agreeing, first year starting QB gets this, second year this and so on, more each year, TE this, kicker that, so there is no issue of a Snyer buying your whole damn team.

Then you give everyone a bonus based on wins with the SUperbowl obviously paying the biggest money and it's shared in proportion to your position salary.

This is Ramseys fifth year coming up so, he's available in the pro draft. Arrington is in his sixth, meaning he was available 2 years ago and is two years away from being eligible to draft again.

Maybe the draft is every two years? Maybe you get to keep your 22 starters? I dunno.

Anh, probably a dumb idea.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Steve said:
I'm happy to see Randle El come aboard...:shrug:

I second that, alot of people are giving "us" (fans) slack about it, but the kid (well, 2 yrs older than me) is young, and good... its not his fault he was on a 90% run team for his career... but I think he will be a great pick up for us this year :yay:

D

dems4me

Larry Gude said:

OK Just made this up. Who was actually surprised?

Well, I was hoping this was true because I like Peyton Manning, and then looked at the time it was posted and figured I would have heard SOMETHING about this in the news... but you did have my hopes up you were telling the truth. :lol:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
The Skins so overpaid for El and Lloyd and Carter and ________(insert name).

Just read the Giants message boards. :killingme Those guys also think that us losing Walt Harris is going to kill our chances on defense this year. :killingme

D

dems4me

kom526 said:
The Skins so overpaid for El and Lloyd and Carter and ________(insert name).

Just read the Giants message boards. :killingme Those guys also think that us losing Walt Harris is going to kill our chances on defense this year. :killingme

You have GOT to be kidding me!!! He couldn't cover a dead man with a blanket :faint:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
haha, the giants are doing the same thing the skins are doing by paying people whatever they want.. haha..just the skins have picked up more people..hahaha

kom526

Some claims made by Giants fans-
"We own you" (skins)
"We are the real NFC east champs"-That promptly lost 27-0 @ HOME in the playoffs.
"With Arrington and Harris gone, the skins have no defense."
"Brunell is the worst qb in the league.":blahblah:

Can't wait for the season to start.:rubbinghandstogether:
HTTR

D

dems4me

kom526 said:
Some claims made by Giants fans-
"We own you" (skins)
"We are the real NFC east champs"-That promptly lost 27-0 @ HOME in the playoffs.
"With Arrington and Harris gone, the skins have no defense."
"Brunell is the worst qb in the league.":blahblah:

Can't wait for the season to start.:rubbinghandstogether:
HTTR

I agree with the fourth statement :ohwell:

kom526

Brunell had 23 TD'd and 10 ints last season. Not too bad for an older qb w/ feets of lead. :thecupishalffull: :howdy:

Nupe2

kom526 said:
Brunell had 23 TD'd and 10 ints last season. Not too bad for an older qb w/ feets of lead. :thecupishalffull: :howdy:

You beat me to it:

Games: 16
Games Started: 15
Pass Attempts: 454
Completions: 262
Percentage: 57.7
Yards: 3050
TD: 23
Int:10
QB Rating: 85.9

Not too shabby at his age and injury history.

C

chess

Lloyd will be a big play guy... Except for as much speed that Moss has, Lloyd has been known to make awesome catches, basically goes all out. Randle El gives us our Punt Return guy, trick plays, and a VERY consitent third wide out. I know Gibbs has already said that they are going to moer 3 wr sets, which I am excited to see about. If all falls into place, we could have a VERY good offense.....

MMDad

Lem Putt
Larry Gude said:
...instead of free agency:

We all know that the draft garners interest for the first round, more specifically the first half of the first round and that's pretty much it at the time.

We all know you get Peyton Mannings and Ryan Liefs and all kinds in between and, a year or two later, people crow about how their unknown 7th rounder is now the guy we know as Jerry Rice. Point is, where a guy goes in the draft is actually meaningless in predicting his pro ability.

So. What if after, say, four years, a guy is now back in the draft. You have a college draft and a pro draft. You take the cap and scale it, owners and players agreeing, first year starting QB gets this, second year this and so on, more each year, TE this, kicker that, so there is no issue of a Snyer buying your whole damn team.

Then you give everyone a bonus based on wins with the SUperbowl obviously paying the biggest money and it's shared in proportion to your position salary.

This is Ramseys fifth year coming up so, he's available in the pro draft. Arrington is in his sixth, meaning he was available 2 years ago and is two years away from being eligible to draft again.

Maybe the draft is every two years? Maybe you get to keep your 22 starters? I dunno.

Anh, probably a dumb idea.

The draft part sucks. I miss the days when players were with a team for most of their career, like Marino, Elway, Montana, Rice, etc.

But I do like your salary idea. Base salary, with add ons for starting, playing, performance, and wins. It would make the greed less obvious.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
You wait...

donbarzini said:
You were 15 days early with this. :killingme

...I'll have good 'un for April fools.

"Today, Dan Snyder lured Joe Montana out of retirement and promptly sent him to NASA to have his legs and arms replaced with bionics, spending some $297,000,000,000. Also, O.J. Simpson will be joining Washington and having the same as yet unproven procedure. When asked about the Simpson deal, Snyder is quoting is saying "the Juice has always been a cut above..."

Or some such...