Skydiving

bcp said:
did you know that statistically, more golfers die every year than people that jump out of planes?

just something to think about.
There's an Airgasm joke in here somewhere. :bubble:

K

Keesa

Hey there. I did a lot of internet research on where to go for my first jump. Would of been so much more convenient if there was something still offered out of St. Mary's Airport, but alas, nothing. There are a couple of skydiving companies that operate out of Salisbury, and one in Bowie. Just do a search for "Skydiving in Maryland." And of course, there were quite a few out of Ocean City. I am more familiar with Virginia and the Orange Airport is very easy to get to, if a bit of a drive.
Wanna know something pretty funny? When I told my (soon to be divorced) husband that I was gonna jump, he turned white as a sheet, started sweating, and got extremely queezy - he is PETRIFIED of heights! And then he asked if his name was still on my insurance policy! LOL. Good luck to you!

bcp

In My Opinion
onebdzee said:
Personally, I think he is volunteering to go with my son :lmao:
Many the day while in the navy that I was pushed screaming out of a perfectly good airplane.

If he really wants a thrill, see if you can convince someone to let him do a high altitude low oxygen free fall.

I cant jump any more. since I broke my back and the put it back together with duct tape and velcro, I would be afraid that my butt and legs would hit the ground a couple minutes before the rest of me.

PJumper

onebdzee said:
My 15 year old son wants to do this for his birthday...any idea where(around SMC or vicinity) that he can go?....He went online a month or so ago and found a place over on the Eastern Shore(Easton/Cambridge area).

I've done my jumps with the military, on military planes in California and in Antartica so I don't have a clue on where to go around here. My advise is to go in the internet, do a search, but most important, before you sign him up is to visit the place and look at their planes, equipments, and if you can the jumpmaster certification. When things are properly planned, skydiving is a relatively safe and unforgetable experience. I hope your son enjoys it.

Ponytail

I went here.

The dude in the BIG picture, "jacko" was my instructor. It was the single most awesome experience in my life. I can't imagine anything being able to top it. Was just a perfect day. And I played hooky on my birthday to do it. :yay:

Attachments

• 10000feet.jpg
    10000feet.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 90
K

Keesa

SWWWEEEEEEEETTTTTT. That looks so F'ing AWESOME!!!!! I'm so hoping for good weather.