Slap! Slap!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
http://reuters.myway.com/article/20050514/2005-05-14T032909Z_01_N13376712_RTRIDST_0_NEWS-MEXICO-USA-DC.html

Mexican President Vicente Fox called recent U.S. measures to stem illegal immigration a step back for bilateral relations on Friday and said Mexican migrants do jobs "that not even blacks want to do."
"Let my illegals into your country because your Negroes are too lazy to do your yardwork."

Vicente Fox should be embarrassed that his citizens are beating a path out of his crappy country. He should be trying to make Mexico a better place to live and work, rather than busting on the US.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Let's annex Mexico, make it the 51st state then they won't be "illegals" anymore. :shutup: Vincente.

Vince

It's been proven that troops can make the difference on the border. Heard it on the news recently that some southern town has had militia patrolling and has had less or no incidents of illegal immigrants invading their town. Of course the government won't acknowledge it because that would mean admitting they are wrong. Have to find the article and post it.

Toxick

Splat
vraiblonde said:
Vicente Fox should be embarrassed that his citizens are beating a path out of his crappy country. He should be trying to make Mexico a better place to live and work, rather than busting on the US.

I had such high hopes for Mexico when Fox was elected.

:ohwell:

Toxick

Splat
Vince said:
Of course the government won't acknowledge it because that would mean admitting they are wrong. Have to find the article and post it.

Not only will they not acknowledge it, they are actively working against it. Border patrol has been instructed NOT to respond to Minuteman reports and increase the apprehension of illegals because, (get this), "It will prove the minutemen are effective."

This whole situation is disgusting, and Bush should be absolutely ashamed of himself.

So should Fox.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Well, this makes it all better. :rolleyes:

Even Cardinal Norberto Rivera Carrera, the archbishop of Mexico City, criticized U.S. immigration policy as ridiculous and defended Fox's comments, saying: "The declaration had nothing to do with racism. It is a reality in the United States that anyone can prove."

R

remaxrealtor

Toxick said:
Not only will they not acknowledge it, they are actively working against it. Border patrol has been instructed NOT to respond to Minuteman reports and increase the apprehension of illegals because, (get this), "It will prove the minutemen are effective."

This whole situation is disgusting, and Bush should be absolutely ashamed of himself.

So should Fox.

I did a google and didn't come up wi/anything that shows this, and I'd be interested in reading further, could you reference something for me? Thanks!

Pete

Repete
vraiblonde said:
http://reuters.myway.com/article/20050514/2005-05-14T032909Z_01_N13376712_RTRIDST_0_NEWS-MEXICO-USA-DC.html

"Let my illegals into your country because your Negroes are too lazy to do your yardwork."

OK, I have pondered this since this morning and at the risk of sounding bigoted I ask; Did the man lie?

Granted he said it in Mexico where PC is not a requirement like it is here, but did he lie?

Why are people outraged? Did he lie? Or is it that he is not as PC about it as our own politicians?

Sure he needs to fix his country so people are not flocking out, but even if he did some miracle and got it great would it ever be better than here and would that stop people form coming here?

I was thinking about what was said to me at bootcamp many years ago. I was looking at the 10 foot tall chailink fence topped with 4 strands of barbed wire and the Company Commander pointed out that the barbed wire part was tilted "out" and not "in". he said The fence was there because it was "Their responsibility to keep people out and not to keep us in."

Why are people so mad at Fox?

Did he lie? Are the Mexicans coming here and having to compete with our own poor for jobs? Our poor don't want the jobs.

Are they mad because an outsider pointed out the painful fact we have an entire class in this country that is content sitting on their asses waiting for their Independece cards to recharge and their checks to arrive, while his people come pick the lettuce our "poor" eat in their salads?

Are people mad because he dared say "blacks" because proportionaly they are among the poorest and most likely to be on welfare per capita?

Are people mad because he pointed out is it our responsibility to keep people out of our country if we don't want them and not his responsibility to make people stay in his?

Are we mad because he is selfish, like anyone else and his country benifits greatly from the US dollars that go back across the border everyday because his people come pick out lettuce and peaches when our own so called poor will not even do that?

I am troubled that so many are calling for his head when all he did was tell the truth, as ugly as it is.

Last edited:
D

dems4me

Pete said:
OK, I have pondered this since this morning and at the risk of sounding bigoted I ask; Did the man lie?

Granted he said it in Mexico where PC is not a requirement like it is here, but did he lie?

Why are people outraged? Did he lie? Or is it that he is not as PC about it as our own politicians?

Sure he needs to fix his country so people are not flocking out, but even if he did some miracle and got it great would it ever be better than here and would that stop people form coming here?

I was thinking about what was said to me at bootcamp many years ago. I was looking at the 10 foot tall chailink fence topped with 4 strands of barbed wire and the Company Commander pointed out that the barbed wire part was tilted "out" and not "in". he said The fence was there because it was "Their responsibility to keep people out and not to keep us in."

Did he lie? Are the Mexicans coming here and having to compete with our own poor for jobs? Our poor don't want the jobs.

Are they mad because an outsider pointed out the painful fact we have an entire class in this country that is content sitting on their asses waiting for their Independece cards to recharge and their checks to arrive, while his people come pick the lettuce our "poor" eat in their salads?

Are people mad because he dared say "blacks" because proportionaly they are among the poorest and most likely to be on welfare per capita?

Are people mad because he pointed out is it our responsibility to keep people out of our country if we don't want them and not his responsibility to make people stay in his?

Are we mad because he is selfish, like anyone else and his country benifits greatly from the US dollars that go back across the border everyday because his people come pick out lettuce and peaches when our own so called poor will not even do that?

I am troubled that so many are calling for his head when all he did was tell the truth, as ugly as it is.

That was very well written (and very carefully written)... I am in agreement with Pete on this one. :shrug:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Pete said:

:yay:

Maher and O'Reilly had the same argument a few months back.

Pete

Repete
Thanks, now that all being said Fox is a goober for critisizing the US for cracking down on illegal immigration. Thats about where my critisizm of him ends, unless someone can convince me otherwise :shrug:

Vince

Toxick said:

So should Fox.
That's the report I heard on the radio. It concerned the minutemen in some small town.

D

dems4me

Pete said:
Thanks, now that all being said Fox is a goober for critisizing the US for cracking down on illegal immigration. Thats about where my critisizm of him ends, unless someone can convince me otherwise :shrug:

I guess my feeble attempts would be out of the question. :lol: