Slavery statue in Calvert Co?

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
My mom emailed me and said that ABC Channel 7 just broadcasted that a statue depicting a boy is being taken down in Calvert Co because it somehow represents slavery. Anyone know what she is talking about? I can't find anything about it on the internet nor ABC's website. My mom is a little bat crap crazy so for all I know, she misheard the entire thing.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I'm still waiting for Sotterley Plantation to be completely razed and turned into a sterile park, or a strip mall with a Dollar Store, Braided Hair Salon, etc., since it operated using black slave labor for much of it's history.

mdff21

If I may ...

I'm still waiting for Sotterley Plantation to be completely razed and turned into a sterile park, or a strip mall with a Dollar Store, Braided Hair Salon, etc., since it operated using black slave labor for much of it's history.
Don't forget the Mexican restaurant!!

TPD

the poor dad
If I may ...

Don't forget the Mexican restaurant!!
That would be the perfect place for the underground go-kart track!