Sleep aid that works!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Unisom SleepMelts

I don't like sleeping anyway, so bouts of insomnia don't bother me. When I have something on my mind or am reading something engrossing I'm okay to go with it and not try to put it aside just because it's bedtime. But after awhile I realize that I probably should get some solid winks.

The Unisom melts make me drift off and stay that way for 6 hours, and I don't wake up feeling like a train hit me. I took a sleeping pill once before that made me zizzy and somewhat disoriented, but Unisom doesn't do that. It feels like if I slept like a normal person - get drowsy, go to sleep, wake up after you've had enough shuteye.

So anyway, for those who have occasional sleeplessness, here's my recommendation :yay:

ReadingTheNews

Thanks for this recommendation, Vrai.
I've been looking for something that doesn't have a pain reliever in it, (like Tylenol, etc. does), and will give this one a try.

glhs837

Power with Control
melatonin leaves me feeling like mt head ius stuffed with wool, this doesnt have that effect?

Clem72

Benadryl makes me wake up zizzy, so there must be something else in it.

Benedryl and Unisom have the exact same active ingredient, diphenhydramine (only ingredient really, other than filler and flavoring) in the same dosage (25mg).

The zizzy feeling you are describing is likely paradoxical excitation, which can be more likley to happen if taken in combination with pseudoephedrine (any allergy/sleep med with a "D" after the name).

It's possible that the difference in zizzy-ness is due to taking more Benadryl than Unisom (2 tablets vs 1 melt) or taking Benadryl with an additional decongestant.

Melts will be faster acting than a pill, and don't require water, so they are probably still the better solution if you use diphenhydramine to get to sleep.

Chris0nllyn

It's possible that the difference in zizzy-ness is due to taking more Benadryl than Unisom (2 tablets vs 1 melt) or taking Benadryl with an additional decongestant.

I obviously don't know Vrai's dosing, but Unisom directions for adults call for (2) 25mg melts. Should be the same dosage.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
CBD oil has been giving me great sleep without a "hangover" or fuzzy feeling.

Is there a certain % or some sort of measurement on that oil? Is 1 brand better than the other? I see it for sale at different places that we travel to. I've been tempted to buy some and try it out. Haven't pulled the trigger as of yet.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Is there a certain % or some sort of measurement on that oil? Is 1 brand better than the other? I see it for sale at different places that we travel to. I've been tempted to buy some and try it out. Haven't pulled the trigger as of yet.

The brand I use is through one of my distributors. Even wholesale, it is expensive ($30 for 30 -10mg gels). Since Super Snouts is labeled for dogs, they recommend one gel cap per 50-100 lbs of body weight once or twice a day. I take one or two at bedtime and it usually helps me sleep a solid 5 or 6 hours (until I have to pee!). They are thc and gmo free. The market is saturated with new hemp/cbd products coming out all the time and like everything else, all claim theirs is the best. Since it is convenient, I will stick with this brand but I am pretty sure, the other products out there are just as good.

Having tried a few prescriptions my doc gave me and Benedryl for sleep, I like these best because I don't wake up groggy.