sleep apnea

just.me

I had such a rough night last night. I might have gotten 3 hours of sleep. My sleep test has been rescheduled for Aug. 5th. I don't know if I am gonna be able to make it or not. I am leaving work early today. Thank god my boss is understanding.

rack'm

Jaded
just.me said:
I had such a rough night last night. I might have gotten 3 hours of sleep. My sleep test has been rescheduled for Aug. 5th. I don't know if I am gonna be able to make it or not. I am leaving work early today. Thank god my boss is understanding.

Mine is August 4th.........good luck!!

Magnum

Should be Huntin
just.me said:
For the past 4 or so years if I get 5 hours of sleep a night thats a good night :coffee:

rack'm

Jaded
Magnum said:
For the past 4 or so years if I get 5 hours of sleep a night thats a good night :coffee:

Mine has been going on for over 7.........

Last night, I was in bed by 8pm.....woke up at 9, again at 11, again at 1:30 and then didn't want to get up at 4am. :banghead:

Magnum

Should be Huntin
rack'm said:
Mine has been going on for over 7.........

Last night, I was in bed by 8pm.....woke up at 9, again at 11, again at 1:30 and then didn't want to get up at 4am. :banghead:
I didn't get to bed till around 11, woke up a couple times. Got up at 4

rack'm

Jaded
Magnum said:
I didn't get to bed till around 11, woke up a couple times. Got up at 4

That used to be my usual routine.......but I had to start going to bed earlier to get a couple more interupted hours of sleep......old age is catching up to me fast. :lmao:

Vince

I wake up 3 to 4 times a night. Sometimes I wake up and my chest hurts. Guess it's from trying to breath and not being able to get air. Got to get a sleep study scheduled.

just.me

I fell out of bed twice last night, tried to sleep on the couch - that didnt work. I finally fell asleep in the recliner. Until I had a coughing fit or 2. I swear, I am getting soooo tired of this. (No pun intended). I just want to sleep!!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Hang in there...

just.me said:
I fell out of bed twice last night, tried to sleep on the couch - that didnt work. I finally fell asleep in the recliner. Until I had a coughing fit or 2. I swear, I am getting soooo tired of this. (No pun intended). I just want to sleep!!

...CPAP gave me back my life. I was dying, way ahead of schedule, without it. I feel the best I have ever felt in my life.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
rack'm said:
That used to be my usual routine.......but I had to start going to bed earlier to get a couple more interupted hours of sleep......old age is catching up to me fast. :lmao:
I know what you mean. I try to at least get in bed by 10. Last night I didn't make it home in time for that

just.me

Larry Gude said:
...CPAP gave me back my life. I was dying, way ahead of schedule, without it. I feel the best I have ever felt in my life.

I am glad some people understand. My boss is great. Being sleep deprived is so debilitating...I went home early Tues. and slept all damn day long and then all night too. I finally am starting to feel normal today. Until the next time. I am afraid of taking sleep aids, since I stop breathing during the night....I have also been fighting a chest cold for over a month. Yes, I am a smoker. I have tried all kinds of stuff for the cold, nothing seems to help. I am sooo tired of just not feeling good.

just.me

elaine said:
FB goes for his sleep test tonight.

Good Luck!! I am so jealous!!
It is really hard to be nice, and to be in a good mood when you feel like crap all the time. Kudos to all sleep deprived people out there who can maintain!!! :snooze:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
mainman said:
Tell him not to be intimidated by all the #### they hook to you.. It's like being in an ICU as far as that goes....

He has already been counseled about all that. He'll be fine. :yay:

mainman said:
Tell him not to be intimidated by all the #### they hook to you.. It's like being in an ICU as far as that goes....
... and what about the encouraging karma note I had left you just before yours...:whistle:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
My sleep test with CPAP connected didn't work out well. We terminated it at about 3 a.m. because sleep just wasn't happening. I don't know if it was the mask on my face or stuff on my mind. I don't know if I'm going back.

just.me

Railroad said:
My sleep test with CPAP connected didn't work out well. We terminated it at about 3 a.m. because sleep just wasn't happening. I don't know if it was the mask on my face or stuff on my mind. I don't know if I'm going back.

Based on everything I have heard, you should. At least consider it, I think in the long run it would be worth it. I am looking forward to a good nights sleep like a fat kid looks forward to an easter basket!

sonsorae

What now?!
Railroad said:

Ask your doctor about an oral fixture. It is the same thing as a retainer. I also had the CPAP titration test completed. It was a nightmare. I did not like the mask and felt like I was suffocating. I'm on a waiting list to get an appointment with a local doctor. Hopefully, it works. If not, well I guess I'll deal with waking up every 2 to 3 hours a night.