Slide scanner

Dead Eye

T.P.F.er
In need of a high quality slide scanner (like a nikon coolscan)

I have 160 color slides to scan of Africa safari.

Any one have one?

The ones for home use typically don't have great resolution, maybe 5mp if your lucky. They also tend to have focus issues due to the curve in the slides (personal experience). And unless the scanner has ICE technology, you wind up with a lot of post-scanning touch-up.

What I'm leading to is maybe for only 160 slides, send them out and have them done professionally. They compensate for all the above and provide high res.

If you don't car about any of that, I have a small manual one that works pretty well if you care to borrow it. 5mp California area.

F

forceofnature

I have one but its a pain to use. My parents sent their slides away to have them done and the company did a pretty good job.

Dead Eye

T.P.F.er
The ones for home use typically don't have great resolution, maybe 5mp if your lucky. They also tend to have focus issues due to the curve in the slides (personal experience). And unless the scanner has ICE technology, you wind up with a lot of post-scanning touch-up.

What I'm leading to is maybe for only 160 slides, send them out and have them done professionally. They compensate for all the above and provide high res.

If you don't car about any of that, I have a small manual one that works pretty well if you care to borrow it. 5mp California area.

Thank you. I located one from a local film shooter and it works well. It has the Ice but Iv not yet tryed it.

Here is a sample: Posted with permission of the photographer
ladys.jpg