Slow-Joe, he just don’t know!

SamSpade

This is just part of the reason why we need something more closely akin to term limits, if only to ensure that we don't have professional politicians SO FAR REMOVED from the lives of ordinary Americans that they can't guess the costs of things or what it's like to do what the rest of us do. Joe has been insulated from real life longer than some of us have been alive.

NORMALLY - I don't like the idea - most districts or states can fairly reliably continue to elect and re-elect members of the same party, and so ensure that the HUGE strata of permanent staff in Washington - which effectively DO most of the Senator or Representative's work - never answer to voters.

By that I mean - a Congress person, Senator or Representative retires - another member of the same party gets the job - and more than likely, they will have the SAME STAFF or most of them. THEY are the true handlers of the government. You see this all the time - newcomer to DC, has ready made staff setting their agendas and doing the ground work.

UNLESS we change THIS situation - require that new members get completely new staff - term limits won't accomplish what is needed.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
remember years ago when the reporters blindsided Papa Bush asking him the cost of a gallon of milk???

Honestly, if you asked me the cost of a gallon of milk I wouldn't be able to tell you.

But Bush was asked out of the blue - Gropes volunteered his lie. At this point I believe he doesn't know what the hell is going on and is just throwing sh*t against the wall to see what sticks. He dropped that gas line AFTER his handlers had already publicly corrected him when he said it last week.

Way to go, Democrats. If it were up to me you'd never be allowed to vote in our elections again.

Reactions: BOP

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
In Thurmont, MD, 1 of the restaurants up there that has been around forever has a framed check on the wall. The restaurant never cashed the check. It was from 1 of the president's wives. She ventured down from Camp David to do some purchasing locally. I forgot which president it was, but it was before Kennedy's time. The story goes that the local stores wouldn't cash her checks because they would keep them like souvenirs. And she knew this and was happy to write the checks for things that she ended up getting for free.

Point is back then the president and his family didn't live in the security cocoon they thrive in today. They operated like normal people for the most part. I believe Truman left the white house broke. Now all they have to do is agree to have someone ghost write their memoirs for an advance of a few million bucks.

I doubt that things will ever go back to the way they were. If nothing, it will get worse.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
In Thurmont, MD, 1 of the restaurants up there that has been around forever has a framed check on the wall. The restaurant never cashed the check. It was from 1 of the president's wives. She ventured down from Camp David to do some purchasing locally. I forgot which president it was, but it was before Kennedy's time. The story goes that the local stores wouldn't cash her checks because they would keep them like souvenirs. And she knew this and was happy to write the checks for things that she ended up getting for free.

Point is back then the president and his family didn't live in the security cocoon they thrive in today. They operated like normal people for the most part. I believe Truman left the white house broke. Now all they have to do is agree to have someone ghost write their memoirs for an advance of a few million bucks.

I doubt that things will ever go back to the way they were. If nothing, it will get worse.
Publication houses have become money laundering centers.