Small minded people

GIjoeKungFUgrip

This is for the small minded people who didn't like my posts (any one of the six posts). I was hesitant about joining a discussion group because of negative things people reply just because you have a different view. To the person(s) who posted like a negative million on my karma...how pitiful you wasted that much time when it could have been used better elsewhere.
But that's OK cause there is no such thing as "karma"....but there is Good AND Evil....You are what you practice...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Relax. It's a newbie hazing ritual. They hit you with red to see if you complain. If you do, they'll hit you with more. However, some people (like myself) will hit you with welcoming green to make up for it.

:flowers:

SamSpade

vraiblonde said:
Relax. It's a newbie hazing ritual. They hit you with red to see if you complain. If you do, they'll hit you with more. However, some people (like myself) will hit you with welcoming green to make up for it.

:flowers:
Exactly. If you can take it, you're welcome here - if you can't, you're gonna get pounded a lot. It's the nature of discussing things online with those who disagree with you (as opposed to forums where dissent from the group is actively disallowed - as in ejection and censorship).

If you disagree with people, expect to have to defend your opinion. Expect to have to back up your words with facts. I'd have no patience with ANY online discussion where facts were irrelevant. I'm not too crazy where political OPINION is substituted for fact, but people are gonna do that anyway.

It's not censorship for people to vigorously disagree with you, and if you can't discuss your opinion with those who disagree, you don't have the cojones to have those opinions at all.

It IS censorship to kick people off forums (cough! Democratic Underground..) if they disagree. Such behavior is illuminating - it reveals that their arguments cannot stand up to scrutiny.