SMALL round bales

fredsaid2

There are a few ads for hay in the classifieds; farm & garden / farm supplies. None specified small round bales but might be a place to start.

DQ2B

Rt. 236, I think it's Stauffers, on the left coming from Rt. 5 and just before the big mill that's on the right.

Sparks

Yep, and yes, bought a small round from them but it's been two winters ago for that.

Do you recall what it cost? Can you move it by hand?

Is Stauffers the feed store just before you get to Loveville Tack coming from Rt. 5?

Last edited:

DQ2B

I'm thinking it was around $30 but it's been a while. They put it in the back of my pick up and I just rolled it off in the pasture (make sure you take your tail gate off if you do this). The place I'm talking about is on Rt. 236 Thompson's Corner Road.

Sparks

I'm thinking it was around $30 but it's been a while. They put it in the back of my pick up and I just rolled it off in the pasture (make sure you take your tail gate off if you do this). The place I'm talking about is on Rt. 236 Thompson's Corner Road.

Ok. So I'm probably better taking a trailer along.
Thanks, I have no clue where that is but I'll look it up. Hubby probably knows where that is.

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
we have small round bales for sale, we have rolled them out in the past by hand. The farm which the hay is on is actually close to you. The hay hasnt been kept under cover, but the horse know what to eat (brought us some home the other day and the horses are chowing down on them)

Sparks

Thanks, but if I get some, I'd rather that they have been covered. Not all my horses are smart enough to eat around the bad parts ;)