SMASH

Burnthings

Or perhaps people should start protesting church sunday schools for indoctrinating kids into intolerant bigots.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Interestingly enough, no actual language from the post was used to justify classifying it that way.

Part of her post:

“Sneakily fit stuff into current programs. So you’re not doing Drag Queen Storytime (yet), but you’re probably doing Regular Old Storytime, right? Try to ‘sneak’ inclusive messages into your current programs. For instance, if you’re reading a book about a Mama bear and a Papa bear, maybe when you read it, you just change it to be about two Papa bears!”

“Invite LGBT community partners….If your library has meeting space, reach out to groups like your local PFLAG chapter, or local schools’ LGBT student groups, and let them know that they can hold meetings and host programs at your library.”

HER words. "Sneakily" and "sneak" speak for themselves. I know you can search, but here are just two articles to save you the bother.

Chris0nllyn

HER words. "Sneakily" and "sneak" speak for themselves. I know you can search, but here are just two articles to save you the bother.

Here's the post (written June 2017):
http://www.ala.org/advocacy/intersections-glbt-book-month-dispatch-small-town-librarian

She clearly aims for inclusivity in the library but fully admits she has no "managerial or administrative authority" to make any meaningful changes. The "sneaking" is
Try to “sneak” inclusive messages into your current programs. For instance, if you’re reading a book about a Mama bear and a Papa bear, maybe when you read it you just change it to be about 2 Papa bears!
The horror!

I think the whole inclusivity thing being pushed now-a-days is dumb as hell, but that's not what this is (or should be) about.

This is a public library that gave a space to a group. The police made a decision to show up because people who aren't affiliated with it just can't stand the idea of a private group using a public space because they don't agree with what the group stands for. Now, the commissioners (who didn't like the idea to begin with) are using the guise of "our police are pulled from doing other things" in order to make it seem as if the library is to pay for something they didn't ask for. The reality is, they moved taxpayer money from one fund to another. To say it was an "extraordinary" use of police force is ridiculous. The library didn't sponsor it.

Looking at the guy's arrest video, there appears to be more State Troopers than County Deputies. Were the State boys given money for their time?

officeguy

Part of her post:

Bbut the library was surprised that 'drag queen story hour would involve drag Queens and a story hour.

I bet that if the sign says 'no left turn at next intersection', they are suprised if they can't turn left at the next intersection'.

mitzi

Are you sure? I confuse those two all the time. :poke:

:neener:

In 1987, he moved to New York City and worked at MTV. His 1987 interview of Guns N’ Roses earned a spot on the list of the top 40 greatest moments in MTV history, according to Rolling Stone Magazine.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

awpitt

Main Streeter
If anyone should be paying for the extra costs of the Sheriff's office, it should be the guy who caused the disturbance. The one who was arrested.