SMC Covid Data & VAST MAJORITY

TPD

the poor dad
When someone says "vast majority", what does that mean to you? 50%? 70%? 90%?

Well most of you don't realize I have a favorite doctor in SMC who heads our health department. I follow her religiously and hang on to every word she says. Her meaning of vast majority is 73-80%. As you can see here in the slides and as she states in her presentation to the county commissioners, she wants you to know that the VAST MAJORITY of new covid cases in this county are from the unvaccinated (73%) and the VAST MAJORITY of covid hospitalizations are the unvaccinated (80%) and the vaccines are offering SIGNIFICANT PROTECTIONS against covid deaths since July 1 (75%). She really downplays the chances of getting sick or dying if you are vaccinated - a good thing, right? I'm convinced!

So for those of you not good at math, here is the breakdown:
27% of new 'rona cases are vaccinated people
20% of 'rona hospitalizations since July 1 are vaccinated people
25% of 'rona deaths since July 1 are vaccinated people

TPD

the poor dad
This is an interesting table from the latest reporting period for the week of 8/29/21. Notice total positive cases decreased by 18 from the prior week but cases of the vaccinated who became infected increased by 12. Am I reading the numbers correctly? Can someone explain to a simple minded person such as myself how this happens with a "vaccine"?

Vaccine = preventive inoculation to confer immunity
Immunity = condition that permits either natural or acquired resistance to disease
Resistance = opposition offered by one thing, force, etc., to another

TPD

the poor dad
This is interesting - on Aug 31st, my favorite doctor reported 10 cases of fully vaccinated patients being hospitalized because of covid since July 1st. Today, Sept 11th, her website is reporting 22 cases of vaccinated hospitalized covid patients. I can only assume this number is since July 1st as well. If that is true, that means in 11 days, there has been an additional 12 cases of vaccinated people being hospitalized with/from covid - breakthrough cases.

Please correct me if I am wrong or reading the data incorrectly. I do not want to be accused of spreading misinformation!

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Does your doctor friend say how many cycles, the unreliable-not-fit-for-purpose PCR test, labs are using? Does she define what a "case" is? Does she say where she is getting those numbers and who is doing the reporting to her for her to aggregate those numbers? Does she know how many have people have acquired natural immunity? Does she think it possible that those in the green might be conferred natural immunity after getting well? Did she say, of those that supposedly died from COVID, how many people had preexisting illnesses and other comorbidities?

Sorry for all the questions, but since you and her are such good friends, I figured you could get the answers quicker than if I called her office. /s

TPD

the poor dad
If I may ...

Does your doctor friend say how many cycles, the unreliable-not-fit-for-purpose PCR test, labs are using? Does she define what a "case" is? Does she say where she is getting those numbers and who is doing the reporting to her for her to aggregate those numbers? Does she know how many have people have acquired natural immunity? Does she think it possible that those in the green might be conferred natural immunity after getting well? Did she say, of those that supposedly died from COVID, how many people had preexisting illnesses and other comorbidities?

Sorry for all the questions, but since you and her are such good friends, I figured you could get the answers quicker than if I called her office. /s

At about the 51min mark in the above video, she talks about cycle threshold. Her office does not use ct testing, which is quantitive testing. Instead they do qualitative testing. Watch that segment and let me know if she is blowing smoke up my ass please. I've tried to research that but don't quite understand it.
At the 32min mark she talks about testing in general.
At the 42min mark she talks about natural immunity - does not really give a good answer about this imo.
I've not heard her say anything about people dying with preexisting conditions.

I will keep trying to get answers.

PeoplesElbow

I'd say that's pretty decent, isnt St Mary's county 70% vaccinated?

Until recently I had no idea the flu shot was only about 50% effective.

I'd also say vast majority would be about 95% or greater, this is just "most".

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
St. Mary's is only 55-60% fully vaccinated.
And since many of those were done back in Jan-March, and the Pfizer seems to have a big dropoff in protection after 6 months, would it be fair to say that we are much less protected than we believe?

TPD

the poor dad
And since many of those were done back in Jan-March, and the Pfizer seems to have a big dropoff in protection after 6 months, would it be fair to say that we are much less protected than we believe?
that is probably a fair assessment but is one I would have to ask the good doctor for more expert opinion on

SugarBear47

What stands out the most is how fast the virus cases have raised among the "fully vaccinated " people. There's a reason for that ... the vaccines have given a false sense of protection. They let their down on safety to themselves and others.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
What stands out the most is how fast the virus cases have raised among the "fully vaccinated " people. There's a reason for that ... the vaccines have given a false sense of protection. They let their down on safety to themselves and others.
And then blame it on the rest of us unwashed deplorables.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
What stands out the most is how fast the virus cases have raised among the "fully vaccinated " people. There's a reason for that ... the vaccines have given a false sense of protection.

wait..what?? Please explain to me what vaccines are supposed to do...I must have missed something.,