SMC Health Department to require face masks for all

gemma_rae

I almost recommended using dry cleaner bags on another site as a joke, then I was afraid someone would actually do it and put it on their infant child.

Now I feel the need to post this disclaimer, just in case:
DON'T DO IT A**HOLE !

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Not really effective at stopping a virus from coming or going.. maybe false security like wearing gloves everywhere, but no real protection.

If it's all you have - it's all you have.

Toxick

Splat
Making your own mask isn't difficult at all. There are how to videos all over youtube. Not intended to be snarky.

I'm sure there are.

And I'm sure that seamstresses and other people who have the materials and sewing supplies to fashioning their owns masks are grateful for those videos.

The closest thing I have to a sewing needle here are thumbtacks and a soldering iron.

Still - it's ****ing bullshit.

ltown81

I feel like all the politicians be wanting to one up each other by how much they are protecting us for coronavirus. The bad part is, they say not to wear medical masks because hospitals need them. They forget humans are greedy. When you create fear in people they need a mask in public, they are going to go right after the medical ones. No one says "Geez, I might get Coronavirus, let me make this substandard mask out of underwear". 80% of the masks I have seen in public look like the hospital ones you see on tv.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I feel like all the politicians be wanting to one up each other by how much they are protecting us for coronavirus. The bad part is, they say not to wear medical masks because hospitals need them. They forget humans are greedy. When you create fear in people they need a mask in public, they are going to go right after the medical ones. No one says "Geez, I might get Coronavirus, let me make this substandard mask out of underwear". 80% of the masks I have seen in public look like the hospital ones you see on tv.
My work (Police) gave us a handful of hospital masks for us to wear if/when we come in contact with the public. Boss gets boxes of 600 of them nearly daily. Not sure why hospitals are having issues finding them because the Police aren't. He even gets calls from suppliers offering them up.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My work (Police) gave us a handful of hospital masks for us to wear if/when we come in contact with the public. Boss gets boxes of 600 of them nearly daily. Not sure why hospitals are having issues finding them because the Police aren't. He even gets calls from suppliers offering them up.
We still have some from when the VA clinics were handing them out during the last big virus thing.
I re-use mine, have 3 in rotation, spritz them with 91% isopropyl and let it dry overnight.