smcdem back from exile

K

Kain99

Absolutely Nutin! It's been dead as dirt since you left! Glad your back sweetie! :smooch:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I must disagree with Kain - it's actually been very interesting in some of the threads. We've added Kelley to our group of token liberals (although she's not particularly liberal nor does she seem to be a toady for the Democrats). We're having some interesting conversations in the Politics forums, too.

Come join us, young grasshopper....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
In fact, while you're at it, run and ask your folks why they sent you to Ryken instead of sticking you in public school. Let us know what they say.

K

Kain99

I was joking Vrai baby... Just trying to make him feel good Geez! :smile:

kelley

Ryken sucks ###, I went there freshman year and got nothing out of it. I hated that school. When I went to LHS the next year, I fully developed. Down here I think that it is safe to say that besides Great Mills, the public schools here are better than the private school.
No offense intended smcdem, I hope that you have more money than my family did, which was all that mattered there.

smcdem

OUCH!

Although it may surprise you I am technically the 2nd highest offical when it comes to student representation in the county. Let me just say this, you'll never find a private school kid who loves public edcucation more than me. Are you new cos aren't we suppose to be on the same team here?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Oh, REALLY! Trying to make Kelley pick sides now, are we? Free thought frightens you, doesn't it?

And if you love public education so much, why don't you partake? You never did answer my question...

smcdem

vrai

o vrai...
vrai, Do you really understand St. Marys County as much as you think you do? The answer to why 25% of children in the county go to private schools is not because the faluts of the public school system. As you know this county's largest faith is Catholicism. Catholic education is about family. This county was founded by catholics. To answer your question, my entire family went to catholic schools. It is just a family tradition i guess, not a blacklash to the public schools. I'm your typical liberal when it comes to education. I oppose any public funding to private education. I know that public schools are our nation's future and we need to put all of out resources into it.
On ANOTHER note RYKEN IS THE BEST! LHS class of 2002 SAT avg 1047 SMR 1113. If that isn't good for you ask my brother SMR 02 who is now Harvard 06. (I can prove it to you privately.)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Okay, I'll buy that excuse. It took you long enough to come up with it, though. I do know that there are a ton of Catholics in St. Mary's.

If that isn't good for you ask my brother SMR 02 who is now Harvard 06.
Would you care to venture a guess as to how many Great Mills High students will be going to Harvard this year? Or any other primo college?

kelley

Re: vrai

Originally posted by smcdem
The answer to why 25% of children in the county go to private schools is not because the faluts of the public school system. As you know this county's largest faith is Catholicism. Catholic education is about family. This county was founded by catholics. To answer your question, my entire family went to catholic schools.
On ANOTHER note RYKEN IS THE BEST! LHS class of 2002 SAT avg 1047 SMR 1113. If that isn't good for you ask my brother SMR 02 who is now Harvard 06. (I can prove it to you privately.)

I would venture to say that had the students that attended Ryken gone to LHS, their SAT scores would increase. I know that that would happen if your brother had gone to school with me (I am guessing that this is Rourke O'Brien's little brother).
One of the reasons that I did not like Ryken my first year was due to the lack of the Catholic education that the school offered. Ryken has moved from a small Catholic school administered by the Church to an institution run by profit-seeking executives. The administration harps too much on trivial rules like the size of your socks and it is not what kind of a person you were but how much money you had. It was not fair there and the best decision that I ever made was to leave Ryken and go to LHS.

kelley

Don't want to sound too hateful cuz I do have some great friends from there and I guess that if you are Rourke's lil bro, you are aight. Oh yeah, I single-shot your mom for DCC.

smcdem

Hey thats cool. You know him or of him?? I really suck at this keepin yourself anonoymus (sp?) on the net stuff!

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Re: vrai

Originally posted by smcdem

His Perfect SAT score didn't hurt the average either, did it?

Echo on your Ryken is the Best statement. Finally we agree on something, and you actually have statistics to back this one up!

Please explain the "2nd highest official..." statement.

Last edited: