SMCPS HAC system

DQ2B

For those of you who have more than one child in SMCPS, did you get separate/different Login and password codes for each child for HAC? The HAC manual states that I should, but the info I got today for my child entering Kindergarten is the same info as for my son. Now, I did try the Login/password given to me and of course could only see my son's information. So, should I have received different info or is HAC just not updated yet with new student information? The school itself doesn't seem to know.

Last edited:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
I just went through all of my kid's folders from the open house and I didn't get an HAC code for my kindergartner. :shrug:

I called the school and asked. The secretary said she'd have to call me back. I happened to notice that one of the kids in my oldest son's class had a note written on the outside of his folder about asking the teacher about the HAC code. I'm pretty sure it was a kid who just moved to the area.

I wonder if they had problems with newly assigned codes.

vbailey

vbailey
I had to show ID today to get it for my son at his school. It is personal info for each child so I guess they want to make sure it gets to the right folks. I was surprised, but I guess it is a good idea to be careful who gets the codes.

Dymphna

I had to show ID today to get it for my son at his school. It is personal info for each child so I guess they want to make sure it gets to the right folks. I was surprised, but I guess it is a good idea to be careful who gets the codes.
I got it for my older kids, but not for the youngest. Of course, there's less personal info on the elemantary level and the info is being passed out in the indivudual classroom, not one central location, like the middle and high schools.

Another problem with the passwords at the upper levels is that apparently, some high school kids have already "hacked" the system and were playing around with their friends' information/schedules. I don't know how far that went or how much of that was bragging by the supposed hackers, but that's what I heard from another high school student.

krb

re HAC

I have two kids in SMCPS and last year I was given ONE sign in and ONE password. When I type those in both kids names come up and I can click on the name I want. In other words-no. You get ONE password and ONE sign in! Hope that helps!

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
I have two kids in elementary school with two user names and two passwords. They have the same user names and id numbers as they did last year and they have just switched schools. I have a feeling it will be like their library/lunch student id numbers.

DQ2B

Hmmm, so some have separate passwords for each child and some have just one for all their children. Great! Nice to know there is no rhyme or reason to it. Some things never change...

Dymphna

Well, it certainly would be easier to have one login for multiple children, instead of having to long in and out to get different information. Too bad they can't set it up like the Lunch money system where you can just add new kids to your login ID as necessary....that reminds me...gotta go do that.

krb

I asked at the school. Apparently there is one PW and one log in only if the school personnel who did the inputting actually "linked" your kids together. I am fortunate that at my school they did! Yay Hollywood-score one for you!