Smith & Wesson M&P Torture Test

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I know Charles carries these in .40 seem like good guns.

pistol-training.com
asked that we send the pistol to them for inspection.

The engineers inspected it, declared it safe, and suggested we keep shooting.

Then the lawyers intervened.

So, the test is officially at an end.

For those keeping track, the gun fired 62,333 rounds beginning on 22-Apr-08 and ending on 5-Dec-08, a total of 228 days, or 273.4 rounds per day.

104 total range trips, for 559.4 rounds per range day.

344 total hours on the range, for 181.2 rounds per hour.

The gun traveled through twenty U.S. States as well as British Columbia (go Abbotsford!). More than fifty people shot the gun during the test.

But all good things, as they say, must come to an end. Thanks go out to everyone at Smith & Wesson, especially product manager Joe Bergeron, Senior VP for Sales & Marketing Leland Nichols, Consumer Program Manager & Champion Shooter Julie Golob, and most of all Dir. of Military Sales Ernest Langdon who first brought all of the players together to make things happen.

further pics and info on down the page.

Last edited:

dustin

UAIOE
wow! that is an insane amount of rounds to put through a handgun! I saw a .45acp one in one of the firearm magazines and grew pretty interested in the compact in .40 ... even more interested now!

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
wow! that is an insane amount of rounds to put through a handgun! I saw a .45acp one in one of the firearm magazines and grew pretty interested in the compact in .40 ... even more interested now!

Sucks they would not let them shoot it to true failure though.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Maybe on one of those bench shooters... that would have been cool...

I'd be scared to shoot it normally after a cracked slide.

Well the engineers say do it, the lawyers said no go. Sounds like they had guys willing to shoot it.