Smoker

Grumpy

I need to get one of those smokers. I have a green egg that I constantly monitor when cooking something, even with the thermopro, I notice a little variation with the temp and go to fiddling with the vents all day long. Especially bad on long smokes (pork butt, brisket), I hear they all turn out great but 8-12 hours later, I am in no shape to judge. Maybe I should lay off the beer when cooking.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Maybe I should lay off the beer when cooking.
:smack:

All this talk of smoking meat forced me to pull a couple packs of pork ribs out of the freezer. Now going to grab the Viper sauce mix and make up some sauce....and another beer.

PeoplesElbow

Smoked a tri-tip roast for Easter, it was great!

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I havent smoked a tri-tip, but it is delicious slow grilled. Where do you buy yours? BJs is the only place I have found it.

PeoplesElbow

I havent smoked a tri-tip, but it is delicious slow grilled. Where do you buy yours? BJs is the only place I have found it.
Got this one at Walmart of all places. It really was an excellent piece of meat. I trimmed off atleast 50% of the fat cap, rubbed with Weber Chicago Steakhouse seasoning and smoked with Hickory for 2.5 hours for medium well, would have preferred medium but mom wont eat any meat less done than medium well because it has "blood oozing out".

Last edited:

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Smoked boneless skinless chicken breast rub with a Stubbs dry seasoning. Less than an hour, just lightly smoked. So, so good.

Can hardly stand to wait for dinner tomorrow. Gonna camelize some onions and peppers, slice that chicken up and roll it all up in a soft flour tortilla with some guac.

I ain't gonna lie. Good food is an addiction.

Christy

b*tch rocket
I need to get one of those smokers. I have a green egg that I constantly monitor when cooking something, even with the thermopro, I notice a little variation with the temp and go to fiddling with the vents all day long. Especially bad on long smokes (pork butt, brisket), I hear they all turn out great but 8-12 hours later, I am in no shape to judge. Maybe I should lay off the beer when cooking.

I have a Pitt Boss pellet grill. Best of both worlds for grilling and smoking. I LOVE it.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My New Braunfells smoker still getting it done. Got some rust areas that will need fixing soon though....