Smoking & Vaping banned on OC beaches/boardwalk

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
We call the ones that want to walk around inside public places doing it vapedouches, we as a community try and push for people for be respectful and courteous. I wont vape in an establishment unless it is openly displayed that it is allowed. I don't know who might be sensitive to Propylene Glycol or one of the flavor components in my juice, and I also don't want to be the douche bag blowing clouds. Vaping is under heavy scrutiny, and they are looking for any reason to implement more laws and taxes. I have seen a lot of articles using out dated research, or research that uses controls that give desired results. Of course the big push now is that children might do it, so now it must be taxed and banned for the children.

AS for it being a fad, its not new. The devices you see today are a newer design, but vaping itself has been around for over 10 years. Designs for the basic Ecig have been around since the mid 60's iirc. A lot of people I know have stopped or cut back tremendously on tobacco usage, even guys who smoked 2 packs a day have completely stopped smoking. On one of the forums I am in one guy posted chest x-rays, after 2 years his doctor told him he had the lungs of a non smoker. Take it as you want, but this is something that can and will save many lives.

As for OC, it honestly surprised me that there was only 2 vape shops in the entire city.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Toxic Substances Portal

Propylene Glycol
CAS ID #: 57-55-6

Affected Organ Systems: Dermal (Skin), Renal (Urinary System or Kidneys), Respiratory (From the Nose to the Lungs)

Summary: Propylene glycol is a synthetic liquid substance that absorbs water. Propylene glycol is also used to make polyester compounds, and as a base for deicing solutions. Propylene glycol is used by the chemical, food, and pharmaceutical industries as an antifreeze when leakage might lead to contact with food. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has classified propylene glycol as an additive that is “generally recognized as safe” for use in food. It is used to absorb extra water and maintain moisture in certain medicines, cosmetics, or food products. It is a solvent for food colors and flavors, and in the paint and plastics industries. Propylene glycol is also used to create artificial smoke or fog used in fire-fighting training and in theatrical productions. Other names for propylene glycol are 1,2-dihydroxypropane, 1,2-propanediol, methyl glycol, and trimethyl glycol. Propylene glycol is clear, colorless, slightly syrupy liquid at room temperature. It may exist in air in the vapor form, although propylene glycol must be heated or briskly shaken to produce a vapor. Propylene glycol is practically odorless and tasteless.

Yup, pretty smart to inhale synthetic chemicals by burning/heating them into human lung tissue.

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
You do know that propylene glycol is a form of antifreeze dont you.

Posted about that in the other thread, but I will post here as well. One attribute of PG Is that it makes a decent environmentally safe antifreeze. Of course the term antifreeze means to prevent freezing, and it is used in any system where an environmental hazard may develop from any leak. Food storage cooling, RVs, boats etc. It is generally pink in color and non toxic to animals and humans. This of course should not be confused with ethylene glycol which is the toxic substance used in standard automotive antifreeze solutions.

Being an antifreeze is one attribute of the substance, and what is used for the manufacturing of E-Liquid is not the industrial spec stuff used in antifreeze. USP kosher is what is used.

If I may ...

Toxic Substances Portal

Propylene Glycol
CAS ID #: 57-55-6

Affected Organ Systems: Dermal (Skin), Renal (Urinary System or Kidneys), Respiratory (From the Nose to the Lungs)

Summary: Propylene glycol is a synthetic liquid substance that absorbs water. Propylene glycol is also used to make polyester compounds, and as a base for deicing solutions. Propylene glycol is used by the chemical, food, and pharmaceutical industries as an antifreeze when leakage might lead to contact with food. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has classified propylene glycol as an additive that is “generally recognized as safe” for use in food. It is used to absorb extra water and maintain moisture in certain medicines, cosmetics, or food products. It is a solvent for food colors and flavors, and in the paint and plastics industries. Propylene glycol is also used to create artificial smoke or fog used in fire-fighting training and in theatrical productions. Other names for propylene glycol are 1,2-dihydroxypropane, 1,2-propanediol, methyl glycol, and trimethyl glycol. Propylene glycol is clear, colorless, slightly syrupy liquid at room temperature. It may exist in air in the vapor form, although propylene glycol must be heated or briskly shaken to produce a vapor. Propylene glycol is practically odorless and tasteless.

Yup, pretty smart to inhale synthetic chemicals by burning/heating them into human lung tissue.

Don't breath when you drive then. The amount of expelled hydrocarbons from vehicles is 100x worse than anything vaporized (heated to boiling temp) PG can do to you. Of course at that extent don't use an asthma inhaler either as the primary carrier is propylene glycol. Oh and hospitals also use it as an aerosol in the ventilation systems to help keep airborne bacteria from spreading.

On another note I don't use much PG. I use max VG or vegetable glycerin liquid. PG is an excellent flavor carrier and works well with absorbing the nicotine used. It may contribute to about 10-15% of the total solution.

Also want to add that any time you breathe in the fog from a fog machine, the PG/water solution is atomized in the same manner as the operation of a person vaporizer. So I guess you should stay away from any haunted houses around hollowed time. This was actually studied for stage actors, there was no effects noticed on lung tissue or breathing function after long term testing.

Last edited:

Kinnakeet

Posted about that in the other thread, but I will post here as well. One attribute of PG Is that it makes a decent environmentally safe antifreeze. Of course the term antifreeze means to prevent freezing, and it is used in any system where an environmental hazard may develop from any leak. Food storage cooling, RVs, boats etc. It is generally pink in color and non toxic to animals and humans. This of course should not be confused with ethylene glycol which is the toxic substance used in standard automotive antifreeze solutions.

Being an antifreeze is one attribute of the substance, and what is used for the manufacturing of E-Liquid is not the industrial spec stuff used in antifreeze. USP kosher is what is used.

Don't breath when you drive then. The amount of expelled hydrocarbons from vehicles is 100x worse than anything vaporized (heated to boiling temp) PG can do to you. Of course at that extent don't use an asthma inhaler either as the primary carrier is propylene glycol. Oh and hospitals also use it as an aerosol in the ventilation systems to help keep airborne bacteria from spreading.

On another note I don't use much PG. I use max VG or vegetable glycerin liquid. PG is an excellent flavor carrier and works well with absorbing the nicotine used. It may contribute to about 10-15% of the total solution.

Also want to add that any time you breathe in the fog from a fog machine, the PG/water solution is atomized in the same manner as the operation of a person vaporizer. So I guess you should stay away from any haunted houses around hollowed time. This was actually studied for stage actors, there was no effects noticed on lung tissue or breathing function after long term testing.

No side effects yet but then again they thought the same thing about asbestos and cigaretts if Im not mistaken.
Lets hope not for all the vapors out there.

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
They have been in use since 1979. Correct me if I'm wrong but the big tobacco people hid the negative effects if tobacco use, for a long time. There is a doctor in Greece that has been studying personal vaporizers for a decade. Research has shown that exhaled vapor contains little more than what is in the ambient air. Other than trace amounts of nicotine, glycerin and PG. He has also done studies on lung repair and his research has shown that a person who vapes heals almost identical to a person who quits cold turkey.

People fail to realize that vaping has the benefit of saving millions if lives, and billions in short and long term health care costs. Studies have shown it works better than any other stop smoking aide on the market. However pharmaceutical companies, tobacco and local and federal government operations at a distance to lose billions in taxes and profit.

I'm not saying it has no negative effects. However for people who are addicted to traditional tobacco products it is a means to a much healthier lifestyle for themselves, their families and those around them. Comparing something with thousands of chemicals and carcinogens to something with 4 ingredients. Many of are consumed on a daily bases both naturally and through the foods you eat and enjoy.

PeoplesElbow

You do know that propylene glycol is a form of antifreeze dont you.

It is also used in fog machines that haunted houses use and fire departments train with and has been labeled harmless. I have used a commercial fog machine for many years in aerodynamic research.

SG_Player1974

My question is will they make the hood rats stop smoking weed on the beach and Boardwalk?

Unfortunately no. Unless they legalize THC and offer it as a vapable liquid :yay:

Do vapers litter the place up like smokers do with all those thousands of filters laying everywhere?

Yes!

Why is it that whenever vaping is brought up, some of the uninformed spout off with antifreeze? You people do know that PG is used in food products and 100s of other things right?

Every ingredient except nicotine (all 3 that is) can be purchased legally, off the shelf, at many different places.

Chris0nllyn

..while pot is being legalized and mainstreamed. :lol:

Except those that want edibles and candies banned.

You know, for the children.

No side effects yet but then again they thought the same thing about asbestos and cigaretts if Im not mistaken.
Lets hope not for all the vapors out there.

Can you at least admit that vaping is a healthier alternative to actually smoking?

My question is will they make the hood rats stop smoking weed on the beach and Boardwalk?

I've been to OC a bunch of times and never seen anyone doing that.

Considering the sheer number of police officers there during the summer, I'd say they would stop and arrest someone doing that.

luvmygdaughters

..while pot is being legalized and mainstreamed. :lol:

:yeahthat: Smokers are made to feel like the worst people on earth. When I go outside to light up, there is always someone who gives you that HOW DARE YOU look. Just wait, it wont be to much longer, the government is going to ban you from smoking in your own home. If they can make businesses do it, were not far behind.

Hank

my war
:yeahthat: Smokers are made to feel like the worst people on earth. When I go outside to light up, there is always someone who gives you that HOW DARE YOU look. Just wait, it wont be to much longer, the government is going to ban you from smoking in your own home. If they can make businesses do it, were not far behind.

WASHINGTON, Nov. 21 /PRNewswire/ -- Montgomery County, Maryland, has
established what The Washington Post calls "one of the most restrictive anti-
smoking measures in the nation."
"When Montgomery County's law takes effect, lighting up a cigar or
cigarette in your own home -- or even in the backyard -- could cost you $750
each and every time a neighbor complains," said Richard Berman, executive
director of the Guest Choice Network. "While everyone has the right to choose
not to smoke, this is an outrageous and absurd intrusion into the lives -- and
homes -- of law-abiding citizens.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...-choice-network-asks-whats-next-74362627.html

PeoplesElbow

The only two issues I really have with smokers are that they tend to litter like mad with all those thousands of filters laying around and the ones I work with that I have to wait on while they go smoke.

dave1959

I dont know if its good or bad, dont care much. I dont, and have never smoked but, to each his own....I do think "vapeing" is the stupidist thing to come along in a long time..LOL.. :)

Hank

my war
I dont know if its good or bad, dont care much. I dont, and have never smoked but, to each his own....I do think "vapeing" is the stupidist thing to come along in a long time..LOL.. :)

Whatever. At least I don't smell like smoke anymore. :cool: