Smow Day

frequentflier

happy to be living
What's everyone doing today? Schools, government and some businesses are closed. Today is my normal day off so I plan to do some household chores and enjoy the beauty on the trees surrounding me. The birds are hungry and I will refill the feeders as many times as they need me to. My co workers felt safe driving to work so the store is open and right after I posted it on FB, a Nixle alert came asking people to stay off the roads.
Have a great day!

GregV814

well, my plan is to empty my car gas tank buying TP, milk and eggs, followed by driving 22 mph on Rt.4, I-95 and all the backroads in Owings, then abandoning my car at a key intersection, calling AAA and maybe News4 to have a reporter to come to the scene and access the situation by piling snow up to my boot soles....see you at 4,5,9 and 11pm...

2nd cup of high test, binge watching Animaniacs.

HellOOOOOOO Nurse!

narf.

TCROW

I’m going to borrow a car so I can drive up to the beltway and abandon it near Tyson’s Corner.

General Lee

It smells amazing. Added some sliced chicken, and subbed 1/4 barley for 1 cup of lentils (so 1 cup lentils+1/4 cup barley). Hope this hour goes fast!

I looked and have about a cup of lentils left. Is a cup all I need? Whats the recipe? Lol

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I looked and have about a cup of lentils left. Is a cup all I need? Whats the recipe? Lol
Sausage Lentil Soup

1 lb-ish of hot Italian sausage
1 small onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
2 stalks of celery, chopped
3 cans of chicken broth
2 cans of diced tomatoes
2 cups dried lentils
1 tsp salt
2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp cayenne
2 tsp oregano
2 tsp basil
2 tsp thyme
1 Tbsp parsley

Squeeze the sausage out of its casing (if it's links), brown and chop in decent sized chunks, but not too big. Drain the fat if there's a lot, otherwise a little fat never hurt anyone. Then dump everything else in the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.

I leave out the carrots, I find they add too much sweetness.

I use 1 cup lentils and 1/4 barley, and if I have leftover chicken I throw it in. I also like to add 2 cups of chopped kale, but I don't have any. (well, I do, but it's covered in snow, don't feel like going out there) :(

And I cover it for the 1 hr, helps the lentils cook.

Squeeze the sausage out of its casing (if it's links),
Making some chili, didn't have any ground beef or turkey, but I did have some sweet Italian sausage. Note: easier to take the casing off and dice the sausage when it's still a bit frozen. Doesn't squash all over the place.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Sausage Lentil Soup

1 lb-ish of hot Italian sausage
1 small onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
2 stalks of celery, chopped
3 cans of chicken broth
2 cans of diced tomatoes
2 cups dried lentils
1 tsp salt
2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp cayenne
2 tsp oregano
2 tsp basil
2 tsp thyme
1 Tbsp parsley

Squeeze the sausage out of its casing (if it's links), brown and chop in decent sized chunks, but not too big. Drain the fat if there's a lot, otherwise a little fat never hurt anyone. Then dump everything else in the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.

I leave out the carrots, I find they add too much sweetness.

I use 1 cup lentils and 1/4 barley, and if I have leftover chicken I throw it in. I also like to add 2 cups of chopped kale, but I don't have any. (well, I do, but it's covered in snow, don't feel like going out there) :(

And I cover it for the 1 hr, helps the lentils cook.
I love the carrots in mine, but I might just switch it up and add the kale next time!

This is a recipe that my sister used to make, as well, although it was a little different. I make a hybrid of both of their recipes now. :yay: