SMOW this weekend ? !

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
It's MSN. Fear mongers. Liars.
I saw one future radar with some mix north and west of here, but no other reports showing anything local.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Way far north from us. Good thing too...got a work weekend out at the island and swapping out a 25 kw generator diesel. No fun in rain or snow!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
How's the solar backup going?
We're marking out the site this weeken for the new "garage" building that the panels will go on top of. Clearing will commence soon after; our big Kubota with loader bucket and bush hog has a broken portal on front axle so I've got to take that off the tractor this weekend and take it back to the shop to repair it. We also have a small tracked excavator with a flail mower attachment on the boom to get started. The solar supplier contractor visited the island a couple weeks ago to review our installation plans as far as buildings/infrastructure. Made a few changes but nothing we couldn't easily accommodate. Moving smartly along. We hope to have it all installed and operating by late next spring. Working on finalizing a wind turbine for the mix too.

It's not "solar backup" ...its going to be our primary source of power.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
We're marking out the site this weeken for the new "garage" building that the panels will go on top of. Clearing will commence soon after; our big Kubota with loader bucket and bush hog has a broken portal on front axle so I've got to take that off the tractor this weekend and take it back to the shop to repair it. We also have a small tracked excavator with a flail mower attachment on the boom to get started. The solar supplier contractor visited the island a couple weeks ago to review our installation plans as far as buildings/infrastructure. Made a few changes but nothing we couldn't easily accommodate. Moving smartly along. We hope to have it all installed and operating by late next spring. Working on finalizing a wind turbine for the mix too.

It's not "solar backup" ...its going to be our primary source of power.
I'd love to see it at some point mid-completion.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I don't know how it's supposed to snow - the low temps are all above freezing at this point. :sshrug:
Screenshot_20221206-205931.jpg

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
well we did not get any SMOW and I heard we are predicted to get about 30" this Winter. As long as we don't get it all at one time I'm good with that. 30" may be too much weight on my chicken pens if it's a heavy wet smow.

zar

Theist
Seems like a pretty mild winter this year, with some luck maybe we can avoid snow all together after abandoning the shack last year when all the trees came down and knocked out electric

but I'd like a small dusting on christmas, there hasn't been a white christmas here in eons

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Seems like a pretty mild winter this year, with some luck maybe we can avoid snow all together after abandoning the shack last year when all the trees came down and knocked out electric

but I'd like a small dusting on christmas, there hasn't been a white christmas here in eons
Christmas 2020 we had snow.

zar

Theist
could of been snow tonight, unfortunately the moisture is bringing in enough warm air to keep it 36 degrees and rainy