Smow?

luvmygdaughters

'79 was the worst I remember. I lived in Dunkirk at the time. We lived right on Rt.4 and it was two days before we saw ANYTHING trying to plow Rt.4. The first thing we saw come down through there was a Jeep with a plow on it.:whistle: Did not see anything from SHA until the next day.

Washington D.C.’s top 5 surprise snowstorms - Capital Weather Gang - The Washington Post

"A surprise snowfall of 18.7” on February 18-19, 1979 gave Washington its third largest snowstorm on record. Initially, the forecasts called for either 1-3” or 4-8” of snow in Washington. Source: Washington Weather"

I remember that one, we lived in Wayson at the time. My father in law was staying with us. We had two babies, husband and father in law in a 12 x 60' mobile home. I was ready to kill somebody by the time we could get out. It wasnt the kids either, husband and father in law were very lucky!!:whistle:

I remember that one, we lived in Wayson at the time. My father in law was staying with us. We had two babies, husband and father in law in a 12 x 60' mobile home. I was ready to kill somebody by the time we could get out. It wasnt the kids either, husband and father in law were very lucky!!:whistle:

Alas. I was in sunny southern AZ at that time. :biggrin:

Caution

Ya I was only 12 at the time. We lived just south of Lyons Creek Road in Dunkirk and our driveway was right on Rt. 4. I remember we had a big bay window and could see the end of Lyons Creek Rd. from it and the folks who lived back in there had walked all the way out from there to Rt. 4. I guess they were just trying to see if the main roads were clear yet or not.

My mother was a Nurses Aide at Calvert and 2 nurses who lived back in Lyon's Creek Rd. walked out and stayed with us for 2 days till they cleared Rt. 4 because CMH was short on staff and they were hoping they could get to CMH faster if they were closer to Rt. 4.

That was a mess of a storm because it was so cold that the snow just drifted for days. Our wood pile was about 4' high and the snow drifted about 3' over that. What a mess.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
How cold is it? Surely not cold enough for SMOW!!!!!!! Doesn't look near enough anywhere for snow.

Just enjoy the non-AC usage.......

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
Looks like tomorrow night & Wed AM is going to be pretty damn cold (& clear). Tomorrow AM is going to be windy & rainy.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
snow.jpg

:roflmao:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Driving into work, saw a snow plow parked on Rt 4 at the ready. Normally, I'd say bring on the smow but I just got a new car on Saturday so I don't want it to get dirty with all the crap they stick on the roads for smow. Come on rain!

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
Driving into work, saw a snow plow parked on Rt 4 at the ready. Normally, I'd say bring on the smow but I just got a new car on Saturday so I don't want it to get dirty with all the crap they stick on the roads for smow. Come on rain!

I saw a SHA plow at the base of the bridge. It made me giggle, for the flurries we might get.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB

I saw a SHA plow at the base of the bridge. It made me giggle, for the flurries we might get.

Also one parked at the end of 260 where Thomas Perry had his produce stand. Didn't see any on 4 to Upper Marlboro.

TruckLuvr

Calvert County has the State Highway boys out, they are parked and ready with the plows in position, I believe it's their practice snow duty dry run today.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Already have a couple of inches on the ground this morning with it currently falling "lightly". Should make heading off the hill in a little while sporting.