Smow

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What's the situation up there, you all getting some winter weather? Am I going to have to get up at 5am to do closing posts?

What's the situation up there, you all getting some winter weather? Am I going to have to get up at 5am to do closing posts?
Tonight's path is a blow by from the west and we aren't expecting much of anything since they've already pre-treated the roads and the true cold blast isn't settling in until Friday night.

Now Friday night through Saturday is coming from the south and the below freezing temps should already be in place so St. Mary's is looking good for a chance of measurable, plow able accumulation...:banana: counties north of us may end up with a flurry if that.

GregV814

ABANDON ALL HOPE NOW!!!! ABANDON YOUR CARS, TORCH YOUR STOCK CERTIFICATES FOR WARMTH!!!! GO TO THE LOCAL 7-11 LIKE A LUNATIC AND BUY BATTERIES, TP BREAD AND KEROSENE!!! EVACUATE NOW....WE MAY GET 1/4 OR SNOW!!!! And you ask why our precious snowflakes need coddling over an election?????

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Come on, cold front! Keep on pushing south - we need some seasonal cooler temps here in Tampa - a nice little freeze will do, but even mid 40's will be appreciated.:yahoo:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
From the south I said... so lookie here...:jet:

Myrtle Beach, SC Saturday into Saturday night:

Day

38°Hi
RealFeel® 24°
Precipitation 68%

Windy and colder; rain and sleet in the morning followed by snow and sleet in the afternoon

Night

23°Lo
RealFeel® 9°
Precipitation 25%

Breezy early; otherwise, partly cloudy and colder; slushy areas and standing water will freeze

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/myrtle-beach-sc/29577/daily-weather-forecast/340581?day=3

We're in Charleston, but it's the same forecast (without the snow and sleet). The weather here is SUPER bipolar - all four seasons in one week. :crazy:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Drove from Lusby to Alexandria, VA. Snow barely falling in Lusby when I left at 3:30am. No snow for most of my commute. I am hoping Southern Calvert gets what's expected for St Mary's. Would love to see some good snow this weekend.

There's about 100 snowflakes on our back porch (4'x4' landing at the top of the steps). In other words, a whole lot of NOTHING.

glhs837

Power with Control
well, the DC Snow Whores (I'm looking at you, Tenacious Topper) were getting up there for tomorrow, I think 3-5 is it.

awpitt

Main Streeter
As long as it doesn't reach BWI too bad I'm fine with it. I have to take my son to the airport early tomorrow morning for his flight back to his ship in Cali. Not worried about driving up. Only hoping the flights don't get messed up.

Winter Storm Warning
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC
713 AM EST FRI JAN 6 2017
MDZ017-062015-
/O.UPG.KLWX.WS.A.0001.170107T0600Z-170108T0000Z/
/O.NEW.KLWX.WS.W.0001.170107T0600Z-170108T0000Z/
ST. MARYS-
713 AM EST FRI JAN 6 2017
...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM TO 7 PM EST
SATURDAY...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON HAS
ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM
1 AM TO 7 PM EST SATURDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN
EFFECT.
* PRECIPITATION TYPE...SNOW.
* ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 3 TO 6 INCHES.
* TIMING...LATE TONIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY AFTERNOON.
* IMPACTS...SNOW ON ROADS WILL RESULT IN SIGNIFICANT TRAVEL
IMPACTS.
* WINDS...NORTH 10 TO 15 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 MPH.
* TEMPERATURES...IN THE MID 20S.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...
A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER
CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW
ARE FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS. ONLY TRAVEL IN AN
EMERGENCY. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL...KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT...
FOOD...AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.
&&
$$
JACKSON

GregV814

well, not to be ridiculed, the weather sources on local channels traveled to Winchester Va., Frederick Md. and probably Frostbite Falls to find snow.....kind of like Obama securing his legacy....

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
As long as it doesn't reach BWI too bad I'm fine with it. I have to take my son to the airport early tomorrow morning for his flight back to his ship in Cali. Not worried about driving up. Only hoping the flights don't get messed up.

I always wondered why Southern Calvert was never put under the same Warnings/Watches when St Mary's and the lower part of the Eastern shore were. Found out counties can't be placed under those unless the WHOLE county will be effected by it. So basically, Since the Central and Northern counties won't get as much, Calvert is eliminated but Southern Calvert Co is technically under the same Warning as St Mary's.

Attachments

• 15894967_771793986302309_4101925076733857599_n.jpg
    15894967_771793986302309_4101925076733857599_n.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 394

awpitt

Main Streeter
I always wondered why Southern Calvert was never put under the same Warnings/Watches when St Mary's and the lower part of the Eastern shore were. Found out counties can't be placed under those unless the WHOLE county will be effected by it. So basically, Since the Central and Northern counties won't get as much, Calvert is eliminated but Southern Calvert Co is technically under the same Warning as St Mary's.

Geographically, So. Calvert will be impacted by the same weather as St. Mary's; however, technically So Calvert isn't under the warning. Although, it should be.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Geographically, So. Calvert will be impacted by the same weather as St. Mary's; however, technically So Calvert isn't under the warning. Although, it should be.

Yep, that's why I posted the reasoning behind why it isn't.

pelers

Is there any bread left in the stores? I'm down to half a loaf and my toast monsters will have all the sads if I make them eat cereal instead. Tragic.