smqha suntan circuit.open and aqha horse show

mmille2548

july 21 open show and fun show and all novice aqha show.. bring your horses and come have fun.....july 22nd thru 24th all aqha show at the pg equestrian center in upper marlboro.. fun for all and its open to the public come join us

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
I looked at the class list, seems like it would be a lot of fun. I can't make it this year, but I hope ya'll will have it again next year so I can go!

erinjograves

I have a question for you. I have a student who is riding a really nice App right now that really wants to do fun shows with him. The problem....he has arthritis in his front leg from an old bone injury. So while he doesnt hurt, he does have a limp that the vet said he will have forever. We are starting him on a joint suppliment to help. The vet says - Ride Him!

How much of an issue would it be to bring him? Would the judge dismiss her because of his injury that a vet has said to suppliment and ride for???

Just looking for input! Thanks guys!

And just for fun...here they are!

Attachments

• Katie and Splash 0711.jpg
    Katie and Splash 0711.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 147

2baymares

I have a question for you. I have a student who is riding a really nice App right now that really wants to do fun shows with him. The problem....he has arthritis in his front leg from an old bone injury. So while he doesnt hurt, he does have a limp that the vet said he will have forever. We are starting him on a joint suppliment to help. The vet says - Ride Him!

How much of an issue would it be to bring him? Would the judge dismiss her because of his injury that a vet has said to suppliment and ride for???

Just looking for input! Thanks guys!

And just for fun...here they are!

Cute Appy.

C

campinmutt

My daughter's walk jog mare had arthritis in her knee and on chilly ams she would be slightly lame. we were excused from a trail class when the judge caught it. there are some pain meds that do not test if they would make him better you could try that.

erinjograves

Cute Appy.

Thanks! He's a good boy!

CampinMutt - I thought the same thing. The issue is that he limps CONSTANTLY, whether its warm or cold, but the vet says "ride him". The girl who rides him just loves him to pieces. Its the first horse she has really bonded with since her horse died a few years back. She had asked about going to fun shows, knowing he would never place in regular shows because of the old injury. I considered trying him on Buteless to see if that helps as well, but wanted to see how much the Glucosamine would improve his movement before adding anything else to his regiman.

He is such a nice boy. Really a shame he got hurt. Wish there was a way to fix him. :( MSM has def helped him, but not enough.

I think Im gonna try to get all my girls together for the Halloween Fun Show in October. That should give us plenty of time to see if he is gonna be "sound" enough to not make everyone hate me! ;)

SugarNSpikes

On a side note -THE APPY IS SO CUTE. I JUST WANNA KISS HIM!

They look like a great team.. Crossing my fingers that you find something that works, Erin!!

erinjograves

On a side note -THE APPY IS SO CUTE. I JUST WANNA KISS HIM!

They look like a great team.. Crossing my fingers that you find something that works, Erin!!

Thanks! We are hoping it works too! She already is planning on dressing him up as an indian pony in October!

I need a better camera!