Smqha??

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
I was looking for the Mounted Wanderer's website on gooogle and stumbled across the Southern Maryland Quarter Horse Association(SMQHA) Anyone in it or know anything about? Never heard of it before...Didn't even know it existed!

Here's a link...
Southern Maryland Quarter Horse Association SMQHA

Oh, I still need the Mounted Wanderer's website :howdy:

Last edited:

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
The Mounted Wanderer's 4-H Horse and Pony Club

SMQHA has been around for quite a while. They used to host a show at the Equestrian center in July called Suntan. I'm not positive, but I don't think it's been going on the last couple of years. I could throw out some names, but I'm not even sure they're still members or participating.

BlissfulJumper

The Mounted Wanderer's 4-H Horse and Pony Club

SMQHA has been around for quite a while. They used to host a show at the Equestrian center in July called Suntan. I'm not positive, but I don't think it's been going on the last couple of years. I could throw out some names, but I'm not even sure they're still members or participating.

I didn't even know St.Mary's could have something so established! ha. THe website seemed very update with pointed show listings and everything. I just don't know if it's something good to get into or not

Thanks for the website!

C

campinmutt

SMQHA is not having the suntan curcuit this year...it had been struggling for the past few years ...the club is stillintact. there are plenty of AQHA shows in Herdon.culpepper and harrington...oh and lexington.they are close enough to make it.Mounted Wanderers is a great show to goto. alot of AQHA peeps go there to school .english classes are huge...so plenty of traffic to expose you horse to....what kind of classes are you looking for?there is also SMHA ans MSA both at PGEC....great over fence classes and some flat classes too.they also have western,but the turnout is smaller than the english stuff

BlissfulJumper

SMQHA is not having the suntan curcuit this year...it had been struggling for the past few years ...the club is stillintact. there are plenty of AQHA shows in Herdon.culpepper and harrington...oh and lexington.they are close enough to make it.Mounted Wanderers is a great show to goto. alot of AQHA peeps go there to school .english classes are huge...so plenty of traffic to expose you horse to....what kind of classes are you looking for?there is also SMHA ans MSA both at PGEC....great over fence classes and some flat classes too.they also have western,but the turnout is smaller than the english stuff

No, I was jsut looking for the Mounted Wanderer's website to view the dates. I've been showing MW for a few years and went to SMHA & MSA last year. I jsut stumbled across the SMQHA and didn't know it existed and was wondering if the people were friendly or if it's alot like pony clubs, where people in your own club are very very competive with you. I'm not showing AQHA til next year.

quartermom

Low & Slow
SMQHA has been around a long...... time, I was very active with them late 70's through the 80's from what I heard alot of the same people are still active and some new ones. It use to be a fun group not sure about now. Just find out when the next meeting is and go and see how it is.:howdy:

BlissfulJumper

SMQHA has been around a long...... time, I was very active with them late 70's through the 80's from what I heard alot of the same people are still active and some new ones. It use to be a fun group not sure about now. Just find out when the next meeting is and go and see how it is.:howdy:

There las meeting was April 30 so I jsut missed it! Did they do a lot of get togethers and train/ride together? I'm just now starting to get into the AQHA thing and it would be nice to know people who know the ropes that can point me in the right direction for showing.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
I was looking for the Mounted Wanderer's website on gooogle and stumbled across the Southern Maryland Quarter Horse Association(SMQHA) Anyone in it or know anything about? Never heard of it before...Didn't even know it existed!

Here's a link...
Southern Maryland Quarter Horse Association SMQHA

Oh, I still need the Mounted Wanderer's website :howdy:

Don't know about the Mounted Wanderers, but the "Wandering Mounters" meet at Dew Drop on alternating Saturday nights or on members birthdays. They'll mount just about anything, but they usually ride bare back. :yay:

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Don't know about the Mounted Wanderers, but the "Wandering Mounters" meet at Dew Drop on alternating Saturday nights or on members birthdays. They'll mount just about anything, but they usually ride bare back. :yay:

YOU even think about it with her, and your hiney will end up in jail for commiting a crime. (she is a minor)

quartermom

Low & Slow
There las meeting was April 30 so I jsut missed it! Did they do a lot of get togethers and train/ride together? I'm just now starting to get into the AQHA thing and it would be nice to know people who know the ropes that can point me in the right direction for showing.

They use to have a wonderful Youth group, and they did a lot. From what I hear the Youth group is still very good. They usually meet once a month. Find out when the next meeting is, they are usually close to the area.

BlissfulJumper

They use to have a wonderful Youth group, and they did a lot. From what I hear the Youth group is still very good. They usually meet once a month. Find out when the next meeting is, they are usually close to the area.

Well I'm glad someone knew something because I don't want to sign up for something that I would have hated. Maybe I'll send an e-mail to the pres and ask some questions