SMS Cash Bash Issues

Skeptical

SMS Cash Bash

Numbers 7,8,9 were not included in the first set of numbers drawn because tickets were sold in lots and no tickets from 7000 and up were sold.

Last edited:

tipsymcgee

are they randomly computer generated draws or just random draws out of a raffle mixing bowl? I thought it's just luck of the draw and not some statistical exercise to make sure it's fair??

flyingdog

I don't think they sold but less than 5k tickets - so I think they took out the numbers they knew would not be purchased from the first ball retrieval (7,8,9) - so that way they did not draw numbers that were not purchased. I know after they drew the numbers they redrew any that were not purchased before posting the final list.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
They were drawn same a bingo game, balls-a-poppin' ..... there were 14 numbers re-drawn at the end as the 1st drawn numbers were to tickets that were not sold ... cannot comment on why no 7,8,or 9 were never the first numbers

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I purchased 4 tickets to the cash bash held last Saturday. According to the rules at least 5,000 tickets min. up to 10,000 tickets max. would be sold. I would assume that numbers from 0001 to 10,000 would be computer generated at random because a 4 digit draw has 10,000 combinations. The issue in question is how is it possible that the first number in the combination drawn never included a 7, 8, or 9 and a 6 twice? Out of 60 draws and never a 7, 8, or 9. The lower numbers hit approx. 11 times each. No number higher than 6260 was drawn. Help me understand how this is even remotely possible.

I hate sad stories :bawl:

brian86

Cash bash

If there are any questions or issues contact SMS Cash Bash and I am sure they will be more then happy to play back the security camera video that recorded every number draw and explain how it works.

Skeptical

If you purchased the first ticket for this contest way back when it started there is no way to determine if 5000 or 10000 tickets would be sold. So using a computer random number generator. It should supply any number to 9999. The computer doesn't know how many tickets would be sold later.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
If you purchased the first ticket for this contest way back when it started there is no way to determine if 5000 or 10000 tickets would be sold. So using a computer random number generator. It should supply any number to 9999. The computer doesn't know how many tickets would be sold later.

If you bought 3 and received 1 free and 5260 were sold, what's your chance of winning on the 3 you bought?

Hank

my war
If you bought 3 and received 1 free and 5260 were sold, what's your chance of winning on the 3 you bought?

Hmmm.... Let's see here...... divide the 3 carry the 1 and multiply by 3 then adding the 5260.... yeah, that's a 12,563 to 1 odds....:dance:

red_explorer

If there are any questions or issues contact SMS Cash Bash and I am sure they will be more then happy to play back the security camera video that recorded every number draw and explain how it works.
--
Definitely contact sms cash bash at 240-587-7111. The games are very carefully regulated. They can explain and verify everything to you. Please.

TPD

the poor dad
Asa member of the cash bash committee, I will try to clear the confusion. If you purchased your ticket online at our website, your number was randomly selected from a range of numbers. That range was from 3000-3999 I believe. If you went to one of the ticket seller locations to purchase your ticket, you may have been able to select your numbers based on the range of tickets said seller had at the moment. Since we knew we had to sell a minimum of 5000 tickets, the early range of tickets available at the ticket seller locations (and by mail) were 0001-4999, minus the range of tickets allocated for Internet sales. As we started to sell out of this range of tickets, we then started selling 5000-5999 and then the 6000 range. Since we did not sell anything above the 6000 range, we did not need to put in the balls 7,8,9 for the 1st digit of the drawn numbers.

As previously stated, at the end of the day, there were numbers redrawn for some prizes because not all numbers in the 0001-6999 range were sold. Rather than not award the prizes, we redraw numbers until all prizes have a winner.

I hope this clears up the confusion. Thanks for your support of St Michaels School and the SMS Cash Bash! We look forward to seeing you again next year.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
Asa member of the cash bash committee, I will try to clear the confusion. If you purchased your ticket online at our website, your number was randomly selected from a range of numbers. That range was from 3000-3999 I believe. If you went to one of the ticket seller locations to purchase your ticket, you may have been able to select your numbers based on the range of tickets said seller had at the moment. Since we knew we had to sell a minimum of 5000 tickets, the early range of tickets available at the ticket seller locations (and by mail) were 0001-4999, minus the range of tickets allocated for Internet sales. As we started to sell out of this range of tickets, we then started selling 5000-5999 and then the 6000 range. Since we did not sell anything above the 6000 range, we did not need to put in the balls 7,8,9 for the 1st digit of the drawn numbers.

As previously stated, at the end of the day, there were numbers redrawn for some prizes because not all numbers in the 0001-6999 range were sold. Rather than not award the prizes, we redraw numbers until all prizes have a winner.

I hope this clears up the confusion. Thanks for your support of St Michaels School and the SMS Cash Bash! We look forward to seeing you again next year.

We were close on the 15k early bird ... 5151, should have played it boxed :buddies: