SMS Cash Bash Issues

TPD

the poor dad
We were close on the 15k early bird ... 5151, should have played it boxed :buddies:

LOL - wow that was close! The person that won the early bird was there on Friday night in the Texas Hold'em tournament and a local of Ridge. Better luck next year!! :buddies:

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
LOL - wow that was close! The person that won the early bird was there on Friday night in the Texas Hold'em tournament and a local of Ridge. Better luck next year!! :buddies:

Dude definitely has luck on his side, wasn't too many years ago he won a corvette from a raffle in Calvert, St. Leonard FD if I remember right

Skeptical

Asa member of the cash bash committee, I will try to clear the confusion. If you purchased your ticket online at our website, your number was randomly selected from a range of numbers. That range was from 3000-3999 I believe. If you went to one of the ticket seller locations to purchase your ticket, you may have been able to select your numbers based on the range of tickets said seller had at the moment. Since we knew we had to sell a minimum of 5000 tickets, the early range of tickets available at the ticket seller locations (and by mail) were 0001-4999, minus the range of tickets allocated for Internet sales. As we started to sell out of this range of tickets, we then started selling 5000-5999 and then the 6000 range. Since we did not sell anything above the 6000 range, we did not need to put in the balls 7,8,9 for the 1st digit of the drawn numbers.

As previously stated, at the end of the day, there were numbers redrawn for some prizes because not all numbers in the 0001-6999 range were sold. Rather than not award the prizes, we redraw numbers until all prizes have a winner.

I hope this clears up the confusion. Thanks for your support of St Michaels School and the SMS Cash Bash! We look forward to seeing you again next year.

TPD, Thanks for the response. There were several people sitting around me at the event on Saturday wondering why higher numbers weren't picked. I've never seen it done this way but the odds remain the same. In the future, it would probably be a good idea to let everyone know unsold numbers were removed from the drawing. It was a fun event and I will attend next year with a better understanding. I will remove this post tomorrow.
For the other people posting sarcastic remarks, My question was legitimate and was answered in an appropriate manner. For the person posting "sore loser" you don't know me so shut up.