Smugglers are sawing through new sections of Trump’s border wall

transporter

Smugglers are sawing through new sections of Trump’s border wall

SAN DIEGO — Smuggling gangs in Mexico have repeatedly sawed through new sections of President Trump’s border wall in recent months by using commercially available power tools, opening gaps large enough for people and drug loads to pass through, according to U.S. agents and officials with knowledge of the damage.

The breaches have been made using a popular cordless household tool known as a reciprocating saw that retails at hardware stores for as little as $100. When fitted with specialized blades, the saws can slice through one of the barrier’s steel-and-concrete bollards in a matter of minutes, according to the agents, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly about the barrier-defeating techniques.

After cutting through the base of a single bollard, smugglers can push the steel out of the way, allowing an adult to fit through the gap. Because the bollards are so tall — and are attached only to a panel at the very top — their length makes them easier to push aside once they have been cut and are left dangling, according to engineers consulted by The Washington Post.

The taxpayer-funded barrier — so far coming with a $10 billion price tag — was a central theme of Trump’s 2016 campaign, and he has made the project a physical symbol of his presidency, touting its construction progress in speeches, ads and tweets. Trump has increasingly boasted to crowds in recent weeks about the superlative properties of the barrier, calling it “virtually impenetrable” and likening the structure to a “Rolls-Royce” that border-crossers cannot get over, under or through.

The smuggling crews have been using other techniques, such as building makeshift ladders to scale and overtop the barriers, especially in the popular smuggling areas in and around San Diego, according to nearly a dozen U.S. agents and current and former administration officials.

Gee...who would have thought that organizations with limitless deep pockets and an incredibly powerful economic incentive wouldn't find an easy way around a wall?

SamSpade

Why can't the richest and most powerful nation in the world keep people from invading our nation -
evidently motivated as per the OP to sell drugs?

Who on earth would DEFEND the idea of NOT having a wall, when it's clear that there are people out there determined to get in at any cost?
Is this supposed to be an argument AGAINST a wall, when obviously doing NOTHING would be colossally worse?

What is stopping us from creating better border security, boosting the manpower in ICE and putting more teeth in laws stopping illegal immigration?
I wonder.

(If you're OPPOSED to a wall, this is one of the stupider arguments I've seen, since the Democrats clearly just want to throw the door open - to people they clearly identify are bankrolled by drug cartels.)

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
opening gaps large enough for people and drug loads to pass through

I guess the people that the dems claim are just trying to make a better life for themselves are doing it at the expense of the lives of vulnerable Americans.

Wait, I thought that drugs and gang members sneaking in through the southern border was a fictional narrative, perpetuated by President Trump to rally his racist base.

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Wait, I thought that drugs and gang members sneaking in through the southern border was a fictional narrative, perpetrated by President Trump to rally his racist base.
Yeah..that. Tranny (And Cliffy too) insisted all the drugs were only coming through the ports of entry. How quickly she forgets what she's posted. Alzheimers...such a tragic disease...

SamSpade

I guess the people that the dems claim are just trying to make a better life for themselves are doing it at the expense of the lives of vulnerable Americans.

Wait, I thought that drugs and gang members sneaking in through the southern border was a fictional narrative, perpetrated by President Trump to rally his racist base.
Inorite ? The OP makes the entire argument about drug cartels cutting through the wall. As if SOMEHOW this is a reason for NOT having one at all.

officeguy

Inorite ? The OP makes the entire argument about drug cartels cutting through the wall. As if SOMEHOW this is a reason for NOT having one at all.

It's a reason to have a thicker wall.

And a moat with vehicle barriers.

And men with guns who protect the facility and are allowed to use deadly force if it is necessary to do so.

baxter

Typical Tranny,
Story states they are cutting THROUGH the wall, yet Tranny states going around the wall, typical facts are all jacked up

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Time to electrify the fence. That way, when they try to climb or cut the fence, the drop like flies. I'm sure after a few rotting corpses start attracting vultures, the problem will fix itself. :yay: