SMYFL Supporters

ClassicCarGuy69

Hey I heard you all were scrimmaging the Steelers today and had several of your squads in the schedule. I wish I would have made it to see some of the games but a relative needed some help. I talked to a coworker of mine this evening that has a Steeler she told me SMYFL didnt show for their games this morning. The league/coaches were very disappointed with the no show from what I understand.

Zguy28

Yep, SMYFL was a no show. Very disappointing.
I think they were just too early. I think some coaches weren't ready and there were some miscommunications. SMYFL teams didn't even get to practice with pads on until Aug 10. Even then, with all of the spill over from the Pigskins debacle coming in during the 1st week of august SMYFL had to try to find additional equipment for them, which is not something accomplished in only a couple of days. So some late registrations didn't even have pads by Saturday and that's what really messed things up. They are all equipped now though.

Sorry to disappoint the Steelers. I'm looking forward to taking my team to Dunkirk this weekend.
:howdy:

Chipmunk

That's what we heard. That it was an equipment issue. However, they shouldn't have confirmed (on Wed) that the scrimmages were a go for Sat. if they knew there were issues. And apparently SMYFL didn't cancel until around 11 am on Saturday. By that time, they were already no shows for two games. Their late cancelation left alot of other teams scrambling to make other arrangements.

Hope that is not an indictation of how the new league operates.

Zguy28

That's what we heard. That it was an equipment issue. However, they shouldn't have confirmed (on Wed) that the scrimmages were a go for Sat. if they knew there were issues. And apparently SMYFL didn't cancel until around 11 am on Saturday. By that time, they were already no shows for two games. Their late cancelation left alot of other teams scrambling to make other arrangements.

Hope that is not an indictation of how the new league operates.
Like I said, I think there was just some miscommunications.

As with any program that is brand new, you're gonna have glitches, snags etc.

Chipmunk

Like I said, I think there was just some miscommunications. As with any program that is brand new, you're gonna have glitches, snags etc.

What type of miscommunications?:shrug:

The scrimmage against the Steelers was posted on the SMYFL website. So....it wasn't a surprise to anyone.

hollywood33

What type of miscommunications?:shrug:

The scrimmage against the Steelers was posted on the SMYFL website. So....it wasn't a surprise to anyone.

Damn, Chipmunk give the league a break. Volunteer if it means that much to you

But your more than welcome to come see the games against Dunkirk on Friday and Saturday.

:cds:

cuddles

Uniform

Does anyone know when uniforms for the SMYFL will be out?

BTW I am loving the practice equipment. Its all brand new and looks great. So far I have NO complaints on the League, much better then the Pop warner league we were on last year. :yahoo:

hollywood33

Does anyone know when uniforms for the SMYFL will be out?

BTW I am loving the practice equipment. Its all brand new and looks great. So far I have NO complaints on the League, much better then the Pop warner league we were on last year. :yahoo:

If your scrimmaging Dunkirk this weekend, there's a pretty good chance your team should get jersey's. (ours did)

But they may have been not enough due to the big influx of Pigskin kids.

angelbaby

My son got his yesterday. He's on the Hornets. He thought it was awesome that he got a jersey that looks just like the one his dad wore in high school.:lol:
(my hubby and I are both Great Mills alumni)

Zguy28

Can't wait for tomorrow.

Hopefully I'll be able to get through this scrimmage without any lightning. Last week's at Dunkirk, we only got about 4 plays before it was called.

Tomorrow I have to face La Plata's 70lb "A" team. Hopefully the storms will stay away and my offense will finally get a chance to strut their stuff! :yahoo:

Zguy28

Well, we lost 13-0. My fullback and Wingback just decided they weren't going to lead block and my tailback couldn't see any daylight. O-line looked decent though (a little slow) and picked up their blocks.

On defense my inside linebackers looked like they didn't want to make contact. Disappointing.

hollywood33

Well, we lost 13-0. My fullback and Wingback just decided they weren't going to lead block and my tailback couldn't see any daylight. O-line looked decent though (a little slow) and picked up their blocks.

On defense my inside linebackers looked like they didn't want to make contact. Disappointing.

Don't feel bad, we got beat down 21-0 (something like that) to the Laplata 80lb "A" team. Big tuff boys.

Of course, St. Mary's Pigskin style, "politics as usual", the coach kept using his same pet players from last year, for a grand total of 1 first down the whole game. Ummmmm adjustments???

Zguy28

Don't feel bad, we got beat down 21-0 (something like that) to the Laplata 80lb "A" team. Big tuff boys.

Of course, St. Mary's Pigskin style, "politics as usual", the coach kept using his same pet players from last year, for a grand total of 1 first down the whole game. Ummmmm adjustments???
My fullback is now a lineman. It sucks if your coach plays favorites.

semiprofootball

Of course, St. Mary's Pigskin style, "politics as usual", the coach kept using his same pet players from last year, for a grand total of 1 first down the whole game. Ummmmm adjustments???[/QUOTE