Smyfl?

Redskinsfan88

As the first season for SMYFL comes to an end and a not-for-profit organization, will SMYFL open their financial books, or at least make them available to those who request them?

Zguy28

As the first season for SMYFL comes to an end and a not-for-profit organization, will SMYFL open their financial books, or at least make them available to those who request them?
I don't see why not. We have nothing to hide. Talk to the Director and/or the Treasurer. Is there something in particular you are looking for?

EDIT: It amazes me the seemingly negative attention spent on one organization in this entire county. Its amazing. Is it the people involved in the sport in St. Mary's (I mean everybody, not just the volunteers)?

I don't see any other sport generate this kind of negative emotions in people.

I don't see people asking for the financial records of other non-profit sports clubs on SoMD Online. I think maybe its a lot of pride in people, the bad kind of pride, the kind that won't admit things are okay even if it wasn't exactly how they like it or it wasn't their idea. Who knows.:coffee:

Last edited:

Redskinsfan88

I don't see why not. We have nothing to hide. Talk to the Director and/or the Treasurer. Is there something in particular you are looking for?

EDIT: It amazes me the seemingly negative attention spent on one organization in this entire county. Its amazing. Is it the people involved in the sport in St. Mary's (I mean everybody, not just the volunteers)?

I don't see any other sport generate this kind of negative emotions in people.

I don't see people asking for the financial records of other non-profit sports clubs on SoMD Online. I think maybe its a lot of pride in people, the bad kind of pride, the kind that won't admit things are okay even if it wasn't exactly how they like it or it wasn't their idea. Who knows.:coffee:

Why do you ask? Because for the past year, everyone from SMYFL has been saying they have learned from other football organizations (past and present) in St. Mary's County. Let's find out if they are any different. Besides which, being a newly formed not-for-profit organization trying to prove your worth and "partnering" with the County, you would think an audit would in the works. Only to show your value.

Why do care anyway since you are resigning your position? I don't even see you name listed on the BOD.

Zguy28

Why do you ask?
So we can help you with whatever it is your searching for.

Because for the past year, everyone from SMYFL has been saying they have learned from other football organizations (past and present) in St. Mary's County. Let's find out if they are any different. Besides which, being a newly formed not-for-profit organization trying to prove your worth and "partnering" with the County, you would think an audit would in the works. Only to show your value.
This is the first I've heard anyone ask about the financial records. If you want info, send a letter or email to Director requesting specific information.

Why do care anyway since you are resigning your position? I don't even see you name listed on the BOD.
It's still there. :shrug:

I'm not sure if Yeti is right and you are Frank Moneymaker or not, but it sure seems like you want to :elaine: things up intentionally like you have an axe to grind. That's just my thoughts on it since you decided to post it on a public forum instead of just sending the league a request like most other folks would do. :howdy:

WannaBe

is it a non-profit? there isn't a listing anywhere.

Being a slum lord with relatives on the county meal ticket leaves too much time to request information. and does being a slum lord qualify you to read the books?