Snake Identification

Anabaptist

My friend asked me to help her figure out what type of snake this is. Does anyone know?

260332_1702039401078_1540752382_31398890_4207911_n.jpg

H

HouseCat

I'm thinking its a black Rat snake too. I like having them in my garden to keep out the rodents, etc.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Thats real smart to wrap a snake around her finger not knowing what kind it is.........
We've only got a couple of venomous types around here and there pretty easy to recognize, so the worst that was going to happen was it would rub some stink on her.

ciwmj

We've only got a couple of venomous types around here and there pretty easy to recognize, so the worst that was going to happen was it would rub some stink on her.

Easy way to tell poisonous from non, is slitlike pupils ,like a cats, are poisonous and round like yours are non.

Anabaptist

Thats real smart to wrap a snake around her finger not knowing what kind it is.........

It's not my picture. I'm asking for a friend, who was asking for a friend. I agree. I would not let any snake around my finger, but I do know enough to know that it's not a venomous snake.

tennispro12

Hubby says definitely a black rat snake with infant pattern.
He also says they keep the copperheads away! Hopefully then, there are more babies around. Something about being territorial and immune to copper's venom.