Snottie's Millions

PsyOps

Pixelated
I want a ride. :tantrum

Dan Snyder paid around $70 million for a 224-foot yacht - Shutdown Corner - NFL Blog - Yahoo! Sports

Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder is now the proud owner of a $70 million 224-foot "super-yacht."

The Washington Post's Reliable Source reports that Snyder's recent purchase, the Lady Anne, is one of the 100 biggest yachts in the world. Snyder bought the yacht with a group of investors for around the same price that he'll spend on two-thirds of his Redskins payroll for the year. (Or, if you want to look at it a different way, the yacht cost $30 million less than it took to secure the rights to Albert Haynesworth(notes) in free agency.)

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Good for him!

Can we at least be nice for a moment and acknowledge that Dan Snyder has NOT been part of the problem with the economy? :shrug:

This makes a nice little case study in taxes; what would have happened with that money if, say, Obama got it because it's not 'fair' for him, The Dan, to have $70 million if he has that kind of money to blow on a boat?

Obama would have given it to who, the boat builders? The marina? The people who are about to paint this thing burgundy and gold and re-do the interior in a glorious Native American Insensitivity motif?

No. Obama would have spent it on unemployment benefits. Snyder is spending money with people who have something he wants to buy; people with jobs.

Now, I will BET this boat was not made in America and I will promise you it has a HUGE amount to do with taxes and regulations and other government imposed expenses. The burgundy and gold paint probably won't be American made either...for the same reasons. And every part and piece he is going to change and/or retrofit is likewise probably not American made. And, further, all that stuff that is made elsewhere gets shipped over here. In other boats that are not American made. With parts and maintenance that are probably not American made.

So, on the one had, the SS Dan, spending millions and millions, all going, to support overseas jobs...all because those jobs can't afford to be IN the US. All because of government...that would otherwise spend the money on unemployed Americans.

This is how simple this ####ign #### is. So, spare me this 'it's the media's fault' horse####. And it's the interest groups and it's this or that. #### that. It is ALL about our elected leaders and they are either FOR us or they are against us. We are the Redskins and the rest of the world is the Dallas Mother####ing Cowboys and I am sick of those pricks winning. You want rich people's money? They're all to happy to give it to you...in exchange for goods and services. So, we MUST make it so those goods and services are made in America by Americans and it starts with addressing the reasons that is NOT the case now; tax policy and regulatory problems.

It's that ####ing simple.

HTTR

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
:roflmao: :killingme

Among its many other features:

1. Looks great from March to August, then fails to perform from September to January.

2. Can be replaced every three years by another yacht that will seem much better than the previous yacht, yet will quickly fall out of favor when another, even better, yacht becomes available.

3. Has an on-board courtroom to help pursue frivolous lawsuits at sea.

4. Includes a kid-sized bed so Tom Cruise will have a place to sleep when he visits.

5. The crew of 18 includes a manager named Danny. He cannot be fired for any reason, even if his crew repeatedly spills wine on guests, botches meal service and blocks the back of the boat during smoke breaks.

6. At $8.75, beers are a bargain.

7. Needs to be docked 10 miles away from Washington, D.C., in the middle of nowhere at a nondescript location with not enough parking and too few roads to handle the crush of passengers.

8. Won't be as big as the yacht Jerry Jones inevitably purchases.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Good for him!

Can we at least be nice for a moment and acknowledge that Dan Snyder has NOT been part of the problem with the economy? :shrug:

This makes a nice little case study in taxes; what would have happened with that money if, say, Obama got it because it's not 'fair' for him, The Dan, to have $70 million if he has that kind of money to blow on a boat?

Obama would have given it to who, the boat builders? The marina? The people who are about to paint this thing burgundy and gold and re-do the interior in a glorious Native American Insensitivity motif?

No. Obama would have spent it on unemployment benefits. Snyder is spending money with people who have something he wants to buy; people with jobs.

Now, I will BET this boat was not made in America and I will promise you it has a HUGE amount to do with taxes and regulations and other government imposed expenses. The burgundy and gold paint probably won't be American made either...for the same reasons. And every part and piece he is going to change and/or retrofit is likewise probably not American made. And, further, all that stuff that is made elsewhere gets shipped over here. In other boats that are not American made. With parts and maintenance that are probably not American made.

So, on the one had, the SS Dan, spending millions and millions, all going, to support overseas jobs...all because those jobs can't afford to be IN the US. All because of government...that would otherwise spend the money on unemployed Americans.

This is how simple this ####ign #### is. So, spare me this 'it's the media's fault' horse####. And it's the interest groups and it's this or that. #### that. It is ALL about our elected leaders and they are either FOR us or they are against us. We are the Redskins and the rest of the world is the Dallas Mother####ing Cowboys and I am sick of those pricks winning. You want rich people's money? They're all to happy to give it to you...in exchange for goods and services. So, we MUST make it so those goods and services are made in America by Americans and it starts with addressing the reasons that is NOT the case now; tax policy and regulatory problems.

HTTR

Come on Larry....Why don't you just get it off your chest and say what's on your mind...You really shouldn't keep it bottled up inside...BTW, I agree with every word....Love it...

PsyOps

Pixelated

HTTR

Holy crap Larry! All I did was post an article about Snottie buying a boat. That's all! I thought it was pretty cool actually. I would love to see the thing. Are you real this bent around the axel about things?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Holy crap Larry! All I did was post an article about Snottie buying a boat. That's all! I thought it was pretty cool actually. I would love to see the thing. Are you real this bent around the axel about things?

that wasn't at you. I feel much better now. :lol:

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Yes. This nation has lost itself. Something approaching 50% of households have at least one person receiving money from the government. We are energy dependent and our response to it is...more government and they want little hats with propellers and just say no to carbon. We have lost our ability to use our hands. We build little anymore. We 'offshore' nearly everything on the idiotic quest for perfection in all things, safety and environmental harmony above all, above food, shelter and clothing and things go away and get made by people with not even a fraction of the care or concern of a US manufacturer...of 50 years ago. So, it is NOT the planet. It is my BACKYARD. If I don't see the oil well, it must not be happening. Our insane desire to control one another knows no bounds. Not smoke, not fat, not what we drive, nothing is beyond our desire when it comes to telling one another what to do. Our culture is a shambles. Our language, customs, values. Not only is immigration now not to include assimilation, it is to include domination. How long before English IS a second language?

Snyder's boat is a beautiful example of the whole, from the hyper rich and their association with their fellow citizen. Jobs, homes, manufacturing, services, all of it. And it all is, truly, so easy to fix.

And such is the depth of our clinging to the nanny state that the people who do things we claim we don't support are the 'acceptable' ones and the people who actually talk about what we do wrong and why it is wrong are...

...kooks.

It is a mind set. To a hammer, every problem looks like a nail. To a politician, every problem looks like another job for government and this includes Republicans. When was the last time we heard a politician tell someone to get off their fat, lazy ass and go work when the question was 'what are we to do about those poor souls over there with this problem or that misery?"
Katrina is the most absurd thing in the history of the universe and Bush never had the simple leadership skill of saying "That is not my or anyone elses problem. You choose to live below sea level, #### happens. Then, when you choose to not move when #### is happening, it becomes bad ####. I am your president, not your momma. Get the #### OUT, now."

I mean, idiots like Bush are, ARE going to be pilloried in the press ANYWAY. So, why not at least have it said of you, when your time is done, that when the pressure was on, your were able to...LEAD?

I do NOT want a one government world. I want The United States of American and everyone else can have what they want insofar as it does not cause direct harm to me, to us. And we are actually in Afghanistan for...for????? Our moves in Iraq have, clearly, left us more vulnerable with stronger enemies made stronger out of our pockets and our blood.

We fuss and fume about immigration and want to run and hide behind fences and bury our heads in sand, well, just stop, STOP the free stuff. There is the right to EVERYTHING in this nation. Food, shelter, clothing, education, health care. All you gotta do is buy some. For ####s sake, those people are here to work in the first place. Let some entrepreneur figure out how to offer education and health care cheap for them. Get government the #### out of the way.

This is snowball stuff; the bigger government gets, every step, the harder it is to cut, actually cut, any of it back. But, that is in fact what is needed, to cut things OUT. CUT THEM OUT.

Oh, but what will the poor, helpless people do??? :jameo: #### if I know. Let's just trust them to figure it out and in the mean time work on making it easier for business's to pop up all over to help them. And let them ####ing pay for it.

In the mean time, a rich man buys a boat we didn't build and is going to do all sorts of things to and with it and, at best, maybe we will have an American or two tie the thing up at the pier while the rest of the world profits at our suicidal stupidity.

After all this, I'm gonna laugh my ass off if his boat was made in America. :lol:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

Attachments

• dan_snyder_paid_around_million_for_a_foot_yacht.jpg
    dan_snyder_paid_around_million_for_a_foot_yacht.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 81