Snow advisory

awpitt

Main Streeter
Aren't most forecasts? Plus it is just an advisory, it might happen. What is your forecast?

It might happen? Yea, and we might have an earthquake today before noon.

As far as my forcast, I posted in another thread yesteday that all snow would be DC and points north and west and that SoMD might see a trace or none.

http://forums.somd.com/news-current-events/220893-smow-sleet-freezing-rain-3.html#post4495996

The NWS posted no "advisories" for SoMD so I'm not sure where the base WX folks are getting their info.

As far as my forcast, I posted in another thread yesteday that all snow would be DC and points north and west and that SoMD might see a trace or none.

http://forums.somd.com/news-current-events/220893-smow-sleet-freezing-rain-3.html#post4495996

The NWS posted no "advisories" for SoMD so I'm not sure where the base WX folks are getting their info.

Yep, and a volcano might sprout up in St Marys Square. Just a little sarcasm back at ya'. :howdy:

Yep, and a volcano might sprout up in St Marys Square. Just a little sarcasm back at ya'. :howdy:

:shrug: I had a volcano pop up in my front yard.

Ok, it really wasn't a volcano.... just a ground hog making a new tunnel. But it could have been a volcano....

terbear1225

you never know, there actually was an earthquake that could be felt near baltimore about a year and a half ago.

You really do seem to take weather personally, Aw... were you tramatized by the Heat Miser and Smow Miser brothers when you were young? :frown:

You really do seem to take weather personally, Aw... were you tramatized by the Heat Miser and Smow Miser brothers when you were young? :frown:

Weather is serious business woman! Without it we would all perish! First of course there would be less to speculate about on the forums then we would languish and then we would perish.

FED_UP

I see that forecast too for Tue, but snow mixed with rain at 40% chance. I am guessing at 40% chance lately for us means just a bit of rain, and maybe a few specs of snow if any for St Marys at least.

awpitt

Main Streeter
I hear that Tuesday we could get a big smow storm ......

.....or rain. I hope it's a big snow but no one is forcasting that at this point.

After the extremely unpleasant cold of this weekend, there's another chance for snow early next week. The GFS model puts it off the coast of Virginia on Tuesday. It's premature to speculate on whether it could bring snow or rain or something in between. We'll know more over the weekend about how the air over us will affect what the precipitation might be.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I'm ready because my day started off with sitting in traffic for 2 hours - what's wrong with this area? OMG it's crazy! Not like you can do anything else while driving to pass the time in traffic? Okay so books on CD right? Listen to the radio. All that can become very boring in time.

Where's the fun this weekend? Baja's place right? :jerry: What's happening locally? Or are we all hiding inside from the 20 degree high temperatures? :popcorn:

:howdy:

ready for a fun day :whistle: :love:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
With highs of 20's for the weekend, seems hard to imagine we'd be so far above freezing by Tuesday to not have snow instead of rain, but I guess it's possible.

I see that forecast too for Tue, but snow mixed with rain at 40% chance. I am guessing at 40% chance lately for us means just a bit of rain, and maybe a few specs of snow if any for St Marys at least.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I'm ready because my day started off with sitting in traffic for 2 hours - what's wrong with this area? OMG it's crazy! Not like you can do anything else while driving to pass the time in traffic? Okay so books on CD right? Listen to the radio. All that can become very boring in time.

Where's the fun this weekend? Baja's place right? :jerry: What's happening locally? Or are we all hiding inside from the 20 degree high temperatures? :popcorn:

:shrug:
gotta work :frown: