snow boarding

TGB

I will be going to Whitetail this Saturday at an attempt to learn snowboarding assuming my toe that I hurt feels somewhat better if not snow tubing will do for now. Anyone been to Whitetail? How are their snowboarding lessons?

vbailey

vbailey
You may want to see if they have any snow...We like WISP in Deep Creek Lake , Western Maryland...it is beautiful and the slopes there are amazing..wispresort.com, but they too hardly have snow...normally they have about 2-3 foot of natural snow by now...very disappointing!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
You may want to see if they have any snow...We like WISP in Deep Creek Lake , Western Maryland...it is beautiful and the slopes there are amazing..wispresort.com, but they too hardly have snow...normally they have about 2-3 foot of natural snow by now...very disappointing!

Last Saturday's youth group tubing trip to Liberty was cancelled due to lack of snow.

TGB

Yes they are open. Liberty is open for skiiing but they haven't opened the tubing season due to the weather. Whitetail and Roundtop are open for both skiing and tubing as of my phone call yesterday.

vbailey

vbailey
Yes they are open. Liberty is open for skiiing but they haven't opened the tubing season due to the weather. Whitetail and Roundtop are open for both skiing and tubing as of my phone call yesterday.

Hopefully it gets good and cold, nothing worse then trying to snowboard/ski on/in slush..I am sure it is also not good for the boards...my teens like the snow to be powder, dry and lots of it....it has been disappointing....we spent a week at Deep Creek/Wisp over Christmas and did not even try to snowboard, we spent a lot of time in the hot tub at our vacation rental house..that was sweet....it is such a beautiful area, we enjoyed just being there, but it would have been good to get out on the slopes..we are watching to see what Feb might bring.....