Snow !! Part 2

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Another storm setting up for Thursday, same pattern as today's storm. Not predicting as much accumulation, maybe 2-4".

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
:lol: From SoMD Classifieds right now...

NextJen

Raisin cane
:lol: From SoMD Classifieds right now...

View attachment 161788
About 2-3 weeks ago I finally ended up giving my old snowblower to my neighbor who is a mechanic. Big monster of a thing with electric start and tracks. It hadn’t been run for 4-5 years and had set out in the weather and wouldn’t turn over. Anyway, I saw him out before sunset plowing his driveway - from the distance I couldn’t quite tell if it was the one I gave him. Wonder if he’ll consider doing my driveway? 😄

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
About 2-3 weeks ago I finally ended up giving my old snowblower to my neighbor who is a mechanic. Big monster of a thing with electric start and tracks. It hadn’t been run for 4-5 years and had set out in the weather and wouldn’t turn over. Anyway, I saw him out before sunset plowing his driveway - from the distance I couldn’t quite tell if it was the one I gave him. Wonder if he’ll consider doing my driveway? 😄
Oops. I'd forgotten all about that thing. I'm sure there wasn't much wrong with it. That's why I was so interested in it. They're fairly simple machines. And you're right in that it's the very least he should do for you in repayment.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
No biggie. I figured you changed your mind. Happy new year!
To be completely honest, I'm a hoarder. Not on the scale of those people you see on TV, but I can't stand to see a good machine get scrapped. It's ingrained in my DNA. Case in point, right now my project is mating a pressure washer motor to an outboard lower unit. Do I need an outboard motor that badly? No, I have so many that I'm trying to sell some. But they were free! I'm cursed...

Happy New Year to you too, m'lady! I hope your neighbor gets many years use out of it.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
:lol: When I was a teen, I married a generator wired as a motor to a 7hp lower unit.
I beauty of this one is that it's an OHC Honda motor and a Honda lower. I have an OHV 4-stroke single cylinder motor, but it's a shaker. The OHC motors from Honda are almost as smooth as that electric you used. They're unbelievably balanced for a single cylinder motor. I HAVE to finish this project. It's going to be remarkable. I need counseling...

TPD

the poor dad
Starting tomorrow evening. 1-3”. Guess I won’t be getting my beauty sleep this week. And as you can see, I really need it!