Snow??

TPD

the poor dad
I resemble that comment.... :mad:

I slept late, still on my first coffee, watching tv in my PJs. No ambition or desire to get up and test run the devices. :lol:
LOL
Just finished 2 eggs, working on the coffee. Leaving the house in a bit with my gopro to play in the mud and put some plows on I guess.

NextJen

Raisin cane
I guess tomorrow is not looking like a good day to head to Waynesboro, Va early in the morning (funeral). I think I might make it out there, but coming back in the afternoon might be dicey.

Reactions: BOP

TPD

the poor dad
Just got word - SMC snowplow contractors are to report tomorrow @ 6am to load with salt and start spreading/plowing if needed.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I guess tomorrow is not looking like a good day to head to Waynesboro, Va early in the morning (funeral). I think I might make it out there, but coming back in the afternoon might be dicey.
Afton Mt pass is always dicey this time of year. You can count on that being a mess with this storm. ;-(

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Just got word - SMC snowplow contractors are to report tomorrow @ 6am to load with salt and start spreading/plowing if needed.
Guess we know what you're doing this afternoon....
I heard that Brewster has mandated that all snowplow contractors wear a mask any time the plow is lowered to the road surface.
I heard that the snowplow drivers have mapped out the streets around her house as "last on the list".

Grumpy

I would take a pass on heading there. Got caught in an ice storm in that area years ago, Staunton to Winchester, took 8 hours on 81, when that trip was over, I was totally spent.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Predictions for rain and up to an inch of snow with overnight freezing. Morning drive thru there could be a mess. I hate driving thru there in good weather.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I would take a pass on heading there. Got caught in an ice storm in that area years ago, Staunton to Winchester, took 8 hours on 81, when that trip was over, I was totally spent.
Way back when my folks lived at a higher elevation just outside of Lexington, I was trying to get home from Radford AAP. Got totally snowed in at Roanoke and our plane couldn't take off. Grabbed a rental car to try and at least make it to my folks little farm. Had to abandon the rental car about 3/4 of the way up the mountain road to their house, and walked the last 2 miles in shin deep snow. In office attire....wearing loafers. LOL.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Way back when my folks lived at a higher elevation just outside of Lexington, I was trying to get home from Radford AAP. Got totally snowed in at Roanoke and our plane couldn't take off. Grabbed a rental car to try and at least make it to my folks little farm. Had to abandon the rental car about 3/4 of the way up the mountain road to their house, and walked the last 2 miles in shin deep snow. In office attire....wearing loafers. LOL.
Oh here it is.... walked for miles uphill both ways in a snowstorm..... :rolleyes:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Oh here it is.... walked for miles uphill both ways in a snowstorm..... :rolleyes:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Have to admit tho, it's is weird weather. January, 68 degrees when I went to bed last night, opened the windows. 60 right now, and an impending snow storm for later tonight.

:crazy:

DaSDGuy

Nobody worry. Just returned from the transfer station and pulled the snowthrower out. Added a cup of fuel, plugged it in and it started right up.
It will be all rain. You're welcome.