Snowflake asks for free hotel stay, gets rejected, loses her mind

Not unique. I got hooked on r/edit you tube videos of others doing the same things, asking for something for free in exchange for a good word on the Interwebz, and then "literally" blowing up when they get are turned down. Hundreds of those vids out there.

Reactions: BOP

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That was painfully hilarious. But that's what social media influencers do: get free stuff in exchange for advertising on their blog/channel/whatever.

We're in a weird societal transition right now where twits like that are extremely powerful and making enormous pots of money by...acting like that on the internet. No doubt she has a fan club of misfits and losers who are outraged on her behalf and are screaming that they will boycott....a hotel that they never had a prayer of getting near in the first place.

Then there's the part where they have more social media followers than she does...

:lmao:

• Haha
Reactions: BOP

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
That's correct and I don't see anything funny about the video. She sent them a polite sales pitch and they elected to post it publicly in an attempt to humiliate her. It's known as a trade and advertising organisations DO IT ALL THE TIME with customers. All they had to do is politely decline or not respond at all. The guy making the video is actually just as big a dick with his intent and behavior. After she was attacked publicly she did the right thing in responding.

I'll bet you that the vast majority of people who piled on the FB post to criticize her are wage slaves to some company and that's all they'll ever be. Not an entrepreneurial bone in their bodies.
Wow.
You surprised me.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That's correct and I don't see anything funny about the video.

I thought her performance was overwrought and incredibly shallow, but that's just playing to her audience. This can't be the first time she's been flamed, considering this is what she does for a living. And it's certainly not the first time she's been turned down.

These people are actors playing a part. I thought the vid guy was entertaining; the girl was just another whiny millennial and I'm over them and their self-absorption.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
That's correct and I don't see anything funny about the video. She sent them a polite sales pitch and they elected to post it publicly in an attempt to humiliate her. It's known as a trade and advertising organisations DO IT ALL THE TIME with customers. All they had to do is politely decline or not respond at all. The guy making the video is actually just as big a dick with his intent and behavior. After she was attacked publicly she did the right thing in responding.

I'll bet you that the vast majority of people who piled on the FB post to criticize her are wage slaves to some company and that's all they'll ever be. Not an entrepreneurial bone in their bodies.
.....but the underlying intent was that if you don’t I will then trash your hotel on the same blog. That’s blackmail and should be illegal

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

If she's a social media influencer, then she should understand/and be prepared for the social media influencing of other people, as well. Live by the sword, die by the sword. 🤷

Like, omigod, people over 30 were lit-trally internet bullying a 22 year old. :bawl:

She should probably get a grip, put on her big girl panties, and realize the internet is not for sissies. :yay:

gemma_rae

I'm not entirely sure you're serious so I'll just play Devil's Advocate here.

All she had to do was to politely decline or not respond at all. Sound familiar?

As far as wage slaves are concerned, who keeps your power on, your AC running, your internet connected, stocks the shelves at McKays, serves your meal at Rudy Duck, etc.?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm still thinking this is just part of her performance. She's gotten more publicity over being mocked than she's ever had in her "career". Had any of us ever heard of her before this forum thread?

Bann

PREMO Member
I'm still thinking this is just part of her performance. She's gotten more publicity over being mocked than she's ever had in her "career". Had any of us ever heard of her before this forum thread?
:yeahthat:
I could mock a lot more than her performance,(those nails!) :jet: but according to her that would be internet bullying. :lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:yeahthat:
I could mock a lot more than her performance,(those nails!) :jet: but according to her that would be internet bullying. :lmao:

In real life that girl is probably a hard nosed businesswoman who plays a whiny snowflake on the internet because it's her job and she knows her audience.

I always assume strangers on the internet are lying to try and sell me something, because so often they are.

Bann

PREMO Member
In real life that girl is probably a hard nosed businesswoman who plays a whiny snowflake on the internet because it's her job and she knows her audience.

I always assume strangers on the internet are lying to try and sell me something, because so often they are.

That very well could be! :yay:

I dunno..... I have a sneaky suspicion we were seeing the real person.

And I get what David was saying above, about who media influencers do this a lot now, an exchange of services for being featured, and the hotel could have just said no or nothing at all. But I get a feeling this girl was just looking for a vacation and out to get a free room and couldn't care less about making a real effort to describe what she would really do for the hotel in exchange for those free services. Way too vague a description in her letter. And yes, it was a form letter she uses and sends to everyone, which again implies she really didn't want to take the time to actually make a deal with the hotel. And then blew up because nobody tells her no. :drama: