So a gas freak out is going on?

PJay

Yossarian

Driving down 235 last night the lines were spilling out of both entrances of the Wawa next to Toyota of SoMd - the one at 4 & 235 had all of the pumps taped off. Today in Calvert no lines, no outages at Ken-Mar liquors and Lusby Giant.

gemma_rae

Gas prices have been low for a long time. It stands to reason that they had to create a crisis to bump the prices up quickly. It's summer, covid is pretty much history, as far as it's importance in the big scheme of things, and people will be hitting the road for those summer vacations.

:howdy:
In lay man's terms: It's that time of year.

And the Chinese Communist Party wants to test their hacking programs. It's okay, Joe gave Xi the green light. :yay:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
The original machine had a base plate of prefabulated amulite, surmounted by a malleable logarithmic casing in such a way that the two main spurving bearings were in a direct line with the panametric fan. The latter consisted simply of six hydrocoptic marzlevanes, so fitted to the ambifacient lunar waneshaft that side fumbling was effectively prevented. The main winding was of the normal lotus-o-deltoid type placed in panendermic semi-boloid slots in the stator, every seventh conductor being connected by a nonreversible tremmie pipe to the differential girdlespring on the "up" end of the grammeters.
I thought a modapolator handled the main winding when in close proximity to the prime meridian?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Pretty sure the pipeline wasn't emptied out. Push a gallon at one end and a gallon should come out of the other.
Pretty sure it wasn't either. If it had completely emptied out it would take close to two months to get the fuel up the full 5,500 miles of pipe.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
that brings up an interesting post apocalyptic scenario .... getting fuel out of the pipe line,

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Friend of my husband worked near an access point for the pipeline. He would fill up gas containers and store them in a shed. He ended up with about 500 gallons of gas and never had to pay for it. Tree ended up falling on the shed and destroying his stash. Karma got him in the end.

PeoplesElbow

Friend of my husband worked near an access point for the pipeline. He would fill up gas containers and store them in a shed. He ended up with about 500 gallons of gas and never had to pay for it. Tree ended up falling on the shed and destroying his stash. Karma got him in the end.
So he stole it?

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I would have thought that was part of his compensation package. Just like Gilligan let's me use the company dumpster. Which by the way is right next to the Employee of the Month parking spot.
No, his company had no idea he was doing it. There are only a handful of people at the site so no supervision.

Kinnakeet

Buddy of mine in HS had an immaculate 1969 Camaro, black convertible, with the 427 and 4 speed. Very rare combination then (mid 1970s) but worth a small fortune now. He said that selling that car was probably one of the biggest financial mistakes he ever made...LOL.
Family car since 1968

Attachments

• 1968 GTO.png
    1968 GTO.png
    611.8 KB · Views: 79